1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Pacquiao vs Bradley June 9th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by s2kboy16, Jun 6, 2012.

1. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Pastor Manny will brawl with Marquez? I doubt it.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

He's gonna have to. Trying to box Marquez hasn't really worked out for him in 3 fights. But then again, trying to box Marquez hasn't worked out for anyone except Floyd.

3. Prince

Prince Member

fixed it for you. that's the same reason why Pacman can't beat him.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Other than the one he got against Marquez last time out...this is correct.

5. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

Interesting video showing the ridiculous bias the HBO commentators showed towards Pacquiao. Lampley should be ashamed of himself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/riSEb-hdq8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  6. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

right, the majority of the world is biased.

7. Dei

Dei Member

Where do I watch the 10000 other videos exposing the other conspiracy articles about how Pacquiao won?

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this definitely some bias towards Paq, but I would bet you could make a video that showed Manny drilling Bradley repeatedly as was done when Marquez was the loser of a fight that he won against Paq.

1 person likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

something is happening in boxing and i don't think it is a conspiracy.

if you watched the chavez jr vs lee fight you would see chavez won at least 4 out of the 6 completed rounds. yet each judge had lee winning 4 rounds chavez 2, and only 2 judges had the same rounds.

so even though andy lee was getting pounded he was winning rounds because chavez jr was taking most of the round off and lee was much much busier with punches.

but i'm telling you look at lee's face and you know he wasn't getting hit much but when he was it was hard not to mention the pounding body shots he was taken.

what that means is judges are rewarding the busier fighter not the power punches. i'm telling you something is changing with the way judges are scoring.

i could see the very same thing the pac/bradley fight. pacman was taking the first minute, minute and a half off each round the whole night. meanwhile bradley just peppering with bb gun slaps all the while scoring. pacmans monster shots did not count for more just like chavez jr.

1 person likes this.
  10. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

You may be on to something. It may not be a conspiracy but in a way maybe boxing is looking to move towards more action. Maybe they are feeling the heat from MMA.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The judges are just old and can't see ringside. I believe studies have been shown that the video monitors show better angles, and that the judges have the right to use that technology, but they're tech deficient and don't use all available tools.

12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Not sure what Lederman was thinking. One round for Bradley? Rounds 7 and 8 were some of his best and he gave them to Pacquiao.

13. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

They did the same thing againist Marquez

i feel bad for JMM

14. what

what Member

WBO scores fight for Manny Pacquiao
    Updated: June 20, 2012, 11:42 PM ET
    By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

The WBO completed its review Wednesday of Timothy Bradley's controversial split-decision victory against Manny Pacquiao with its five-member international judging panel all scoring the fight for Pacquiao, even though the official result will stand.

Pacquiao My supporters shouldn't worry. We're going to get that title.
    ” -- Manny Pacquiao on wanting a rematch
    with Timothy Bradley

Pacquiao told The Associated Press from the Philippines on Thursday that he would prefer a rematch rather than Bradley giving up the WBO welterweight title that he won on a split decision because "people may think I just usurped it."

Bradley's June 9 victory instantly became one of the most controversial decisions in boxing history. While judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross both had Bradley winning 115-113, Jerry Roth scored it 115-113 for Pacquiao, who suffered his first defeat since 2005.

"My supporters shouldn't worry. We're going to get that title," Pacquiao said.

The HBO broadcasters and nearly every media member at ringside had Pacquiao winning. The crowd at the MGM Grand booed the decision heavily and there was fan outrage around the world from people believing Pacquiao clearly had won.

In the aftermath of the fight, WBO president Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel, whose organization sanctioned the title match, said he would have five judges review the video of the bout. On Wednesday, the results of that review were released. The five judges, whom Valcarcel said are accomplished judges with world title experience -- but whose names were not disclosed -- scored the fight for Pacquiao, 118-110, 117-111, 117-111, 116-112 and 115-113.

Valcarcel said the WBO has no authority to change the result. But given the outcome of the panel's review of the fight, he will order a rematch if Top Rank promoter Bob Arum declines to put on a second fight, or if Pacquiao opts not to exercise his rematch clause.

Top Rank and Pacquiao, however, simply could move on to another fight that just would not be for the WBO title.

Rafael's Boxing Blog

Rafael Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

"We can't change the result but we did this review for two reasons," Valcarcel told ESPN.com. "If they want to make a rematch, we will approve the rematch and if they don't, we will order one. Also, we wanted to show (the Nevada State Athletic Commission) that they could bring in other officials from outside of Nevada who can also do a fine job judging fights. It's good to have different officials."

Nevada generally selects officials from its own pool of in-state judges.

"We want to work together with Nevada and we think they should be open to other good officials from around the world," Valcarcel said. "But we are not questioning the honorability of the judges who scored the fight for Bradley. They are honest people. They are good officials, too, but I don't know what happened."

Valcarcel, who was ringside for the bout, said he scored it for Pacquiao, "but we have to respect the judges."

Pacquiao is due to return to the ring on Nov. 10 and has the option of an immediate rematch with Bradley in his contract. After the fight, Pacquiao said he wanted the rematch and Bradley also said he would like to fight Pacquiao, which would mean even more money than the career-high guarantee of $5 million he received. However, since the fight, Top Rank's talk of a rematch has cooled.

The five judges, whom Valcarcel said are accomplished judges with world title experience -- but whose names were not disclosed -- scored the fight for Pacquiao by scores of 118-110, 117-111, 117-111, 116-112 and 115-113.

Arum, who promotes Pacquiao and Bradley but who also was outraged by the decision, was pleased with Valcarcel's review.

"Paco acted very responsibly," Arum said. "I think what they did was fine."

Arum, however, did not address the rematch.

"I'm not talking about it now," he said.

After the fight, Arum was so disgusted that he called for the Nevada Attorney General to investigate the scoring. Arum told ESPN.com that he met in his Las Vegas office Wednesday with a chief investigator and a deputy from the Nevada Attorney General's office.

"I think they will look into the whole situation, but I don't think there is any wrongdoing here and we can go on with our lives," he said.

15. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I wonder how much money CJ Ross and Duane Ford got paid

16. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

This is a good article that exposes how inept/corrupt Duane Ford is..

http://philboxing.com/news/story-71961.html

17. Cohete Rojo

Again, people reaching at straws because they were emotionally hurt by the decision; they will find what they want. Many people wanted to see the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather fight, but this loss puts that on hold and changes the appeal of such a fight.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are you saying the quotes below are just made up and Mr Ford didn't actually say them?

“What I personally saw that night, is that the first six rounds, clearly Pacquiao was the winner. It was an exciting six rounds,”

“What I saw on the fourth round is that Pacquiao clearly won that. He hurt Bradley. But the Manny Pacquiao that I judged in the past would have finished him. He let him off the hook. “

19. Cohete Rojo

Taking quotes out of context and twisting them to meet a predetermined decission is what I was referring.

No where in that article does Ford ever say Pacquiao won each of the first six rounds, nor does he say he judged Pacquiao on that night based upon his apparent method of "letting Bradley off the hook".

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

This is nothing new. Everyone scores a fight differently. Personally, I had the fight pretty even until Lee got TKO. I tend to favor the more active fighter, who lands the cleaner, harder punches and defense/counter punching comes into play as well. I dislike fighters that run and hold, and ones that play it safe and don't take chances.

I'm not going to argue the 6 rounds part because he could have just meant Pacman ws winning the fight after six, not necessarily all six rounds. But if you watched 'The Fight Game w/ Jim Lampley, in which they aired the entire Duane Ford interview, he mentions that the "old Pacquiao" would have finished him off. He doesn't have to literally say he judge the fight based on that method, the fact the he mentioned it while explaining his scores shows it played some factor.

That's the wrong way to judge. That alone affects scoring. What do previous fights have to do with the current one? You judge the fight based on the fight itself. Not what he should have done or what he has done in the past. Fighters should be judged on a clean slate. That is where he is wrong here.

Also, if you watched the interview, sounds like he clearly read off a TelePrompter. Sounded way too scripted. Just adding more fuel for the conspiracy theorist. :cool: