1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bottom Line: Texas A@M better than UT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Holden, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Holden

Holden Member

Big game? what happens?
    UT cowers, and loses to OU

Big game? what happens?
    A@M beats OU

when a big game comes up the aggies take it to their opponent, show heart, and win the big game...

TU?
    simms chokes against OU...but then he beats everyone else...so that makes everyone take TU's football program seriously...

A@M has balls..... TU...has yet to show me those balls...

2. drapg

drapg Member

not to make excuses, but A&M had absolutely no pressure coming into this game. Plus, it helps to play at home. If we could play OU at Memorial Stadium, well damn I'd love our chances.

Anyways, congrats to the Ags!

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps if the UT players had punched all the OU players in the back of the head while they were getting dressed in the lockerroom. ;)

4. Major

Major Member

Bottom Line: Texas A@M better than UT

Except A&M loses to Nebraska and Okie State.....

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If you think the Aggies win this game if it isn't played at Kyle Field, you're absolutely kidding yourself.

6. drapg

drapg Member

besides, its not that A&M is better than us...

its just that Bob Stoops can't win the little one! :D

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You definitely haven't been following Texas A&M football if you base one win to prove Aggies have heart.

Aggies have as many chokes in their closet as the Longhorns :rolleyes:

8. ESource

ESource Member

Thank YOU A&M for today!!!

See you on Turkey Day when we make you our beeeyotches!:D

9. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

atm has like 4 losses??? most likely finishing with 5. come on you cant make a decent arguement that atm is better than UT. its not possible. AtM is fighting to get to the Houston Bowl, UT is trying to get in the national title game. Thats all you need to know

10. Elvis Costello

Reggie McNeil looks like The Storm, people. A&M is going to be tough.

11. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Did HOlden ever post about ATM/UT after an ATM loss? He's had four opportunities.

Thank you ATM. You'll still lose in Austin though.

12. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

When a mediocre team upsets a good one, it doesn't mean that mediocre team is all of a sudden a world beater.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Hey Holden,

Do me two things.

First off, call us UT-as in the University of Texas at Austin, or quite frankly the best overall university in the state.

And number 2, don't talk unless you know the facts.

I normally am a very tolerant guy, but with you're last 2 CFB posts you are asking for it. First off, is going into Manhattan, Kansas, winning and playing a top 15 Wildcat team, in a week that makes our breaks our season, good enough for you. Or going to Lincoln and beating the Nebraska Cornhuskers whose only loss at home the last 74 ballgames coming in was to us under Mack Brown.

And don't say we got lucky, on the punt, that Pass interference call on Roy Williams was crap and everyone knew it, so it was poetic justice NU screwed it up.

And do you not realize that the border war means a little more than the aggies do to OU, plus it's at a neutral site, which in CFB is huge. I'm not making excuses for the OU loss, but if we would've met again for the NC in Tempe, we easily could've taken them. I was in dallas, I saw the game, I know how they got a few nice breaks(offsides on crucial 4th down in the redzone, griffin right place right time on fumble, and our OC going into the shell of a lifetime in the 2nd quarter). But they were better that day, and each of the last 3 meetings that day. Not more talented, they just played slightly better, except for 63-14.

You make yourself look worse everytime you post about UT. Did you forget the Aggies lost to Ok State, Tech, Va Tech, NU, etc, or was it a brain cramp?

The aggies will get smoked in Austin, you better believe it.

#13 DVauthrin, Nov 9, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2002
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I forgot that the Aggies existed until that game. How can you forget them? I guess OU did.... anyway, hook'em aggies!

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Holden, also @ means at not and. Try using this symbol: &

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I just got back from the game, and thought I'd give my two cents on Reggie. He has great speed and made a lot of great passes tonight, but we got lucky. Reggie floats the ball too much. He's going to throw a lot of interceptions in the future if he doesn't learn to get the ball down. OU would have had that interception in the fourth tonight, and a good chance at the game, if it wasn't for defensive holding. It might have worked in high school, but he's got to get the ball down here. Just my two cents.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Ah, just ignore Holden, guys.

After all, he thought that Notre Dame had won the most NCs of all-time and not Yale.:p

18. Holden

Holden Member

....i really dont care about either school, TU, or A@M...
    just thought id rile everyone up a bit....

GO IRISH!

19. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If you don't want to make excuses you could start by not making them like you just did.

More excuses.

Don't forget our bet.

Good to know you're not arrogant. :rolleyes: That and I'll call that school any damned thing I please. It's a good school...not any better than A&M...but not any worse either.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Notre Lame almost choked to Navy after choking to BC! Remember Oregon State? Wait till January, you're playing out of your league.

To refresh everyone's memory, overrated BCS biotch Notre Lame got b**** smacked 41-9 by Oregon State in Fiesta Bowl.

My apologies to Finn and Keeley and other ND fans who know how to win and lose with class.