1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn's Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BobFinn*, Dec 10, 2000.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm going to lose this one BAD!!!

17 games to 10 and didn't get my changes done on time.

I'm fired!!

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I still can't figure out how you've only lost 4 games with all the mistakes you've made. [​IMG]

There will be awards at the end of the season. Trying to win that Worst GM award, are we? [​IMG]

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

[This message has been edited by BobFinn* (edited December 17, 2000).]

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

hey u guys, im curious what u think of this deal. Igot shaq,wesley,grant for joneal,mcdyess,walker,brandon,finley,and ewing..thought id tell smeg what i paid for shaq finley,joneal,walker,ewing pretty much..

------------------
    How Sweet It Is! How Sweet It Is!
    Gene Peterson on the rockets winning the 1995 championship over the Orlando Magic

4. The Voice of Reason

you got robbed.

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

5. RENDIGGLER3:20

Killer Bees,I know for a fact I did not offer you anything for Nowitzki.I dont have much to offer for him and I know better than trying to get him with two scrubs and the only players I have to offer for him I dont want to give up.

I have made a number of offers for Wright and I did make an offer for Artest but when I made an offer for Artest his FP average was around 27 or 28.

The last offer I made was Wright Hamilton and Porter for Nesterovic Atkins and Murray,I thought it was a good deal,all the players involved are borderline waiver wire/bench material besides Atkins.

For your opinion on Marc Jackson,if you think he will be a bust in a week why did you make me an offer for him?It was only Lorenzen Wright but still.I know he can very well go back to the bench but right now the way he is playing Golden State would be stupid to put him back on the bench!The last five games he is averaging around 20 points and 7 rebounds and if he stays in the starting lineup I think his play will continue,IMO.So he could go right back to the waiver or he could end up being a top center in sandbox,maybe as high as the top 10 or even 5!I think last game he scored a 58.

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

My team is playing pretty well, and to trade Shaq if would have to be a deal in my favour and my maths says you get the better in this deal, plus i just don't like it, who knows what will happen the day Penny comes back and this is a long season. Plus Joe Smith is on fire at them moment and a perfect cover for me a PF.

Sorry Behad

Smeg

------------------
    "What is it with this girl, has she got beer flavoured nipples??"
    - Heath Ledger in 10 things I hate about you

7. The Voice of Reason

Ren I said he MAY be a bust in a week. im in a position where taking a risk on a player could put me in the better half of the league. i have a solid team, but if i get a scrub that blows up i will be really good. you on the otherhand need guys that you know are better than what you have. as far as nowitzski is concerned i thought it was you. im sorry if i was wrong. but my point is that you should try and get a bunch of 30 point scorers with up side. i know you tried that with the 3 for 3 trade, but all my guys had upside, and you were offering me nothing. look at the game Rip had last night. we all know he can do that every night, and its only a matter of time. Porter just started starting. he has showed us what he used to do in Auburn. he might keep this up for the rest of the year. as far as wright yes he is availaboe, but i want a guy that has some potential

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball

8. The Voice of Reason

DUDE dont come at me like that when you ask my opinion. you gave up WAY too much for Shack. you didnt tell us the circumstances in your league, and you didnt tell us there were only 8 teams. how the hell am i the voice of no reason.

you asked our opinion. I GAVE IT.

you gave these guys
    j/oneal-obvious talent, definate all star potential.

mcdyess-Mr PF of the new milenium. this guy is a stud

walker- another all star. have you noticed the season he is having??
    brandon-damn good guard.

finley-one of the best all arounf players in the league.

ewing-well he used to be good.

FOR
    shaquille-big boy best center, but why dont you pick up alanzo off the waiver whire at the end of the season if its a keeper league.
    wesley-will produce about as well as ewing. this guy wouldnt even make the bench on your old team.
    grant-I hope this was brian grant, because horrace is half the man Mcdyce is.

whatever man

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball

9. SmeggySmeg

Calm all

All attidues must be left at the door when entering Bob Finn*'s (and Cleatus') Fantasy League Forum.

Now be nice and go and play (and make lop-sided trades) with everyone.

------------------

10. BobFinn*

Marc Jackson won't be sitting any time soon. Dampier, the Warriors starting center, is having knee surgery and is out till Feb. Foyle is also injured. Jackson is the main man in the middle for GS. He was an excellent pickup by Ren.

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

11. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Exactly! Tell em Smeg! No attitudes in here!

(grumble, grumble grumble, Smeg...grumble grumble Shaq grumble grumble [​IMG] )

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

[This message has been edited by Behad (edited December 18, 2000).]

12. RENDIGGLER3:20

Sorry if I sounded like I had an attitude because I didnt mean it that way!If you met me I am the most laid back person there is,I just wanted to make it clear to VOR I didnt make any proposals for Nowitzki even though I wished I had him.

Thanks Bob I was wondering about the Dampier/Jackson situation.

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

[This message has been edited by RENDIGGLER3:20 (edited December 18, 2000).]

13. BobFinn*

Yeah Baby!!!! Steve Nash!!!! 70 points!!!!

------------------
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

14. Behad

Yeah Baby!!!! Nobody playing!!!! 0 points!!!!

------------------
    Behad

15. SmeggySmeg

BUGGER

i thought i was in this after yesterday, but not now, nice game Finn, maybe I can get you next time

------------------

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yeah baby!! I'm going to get killed this week!

[​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

17. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Hey Behad--- Who's your Daddy? You better watch out because the Raiding Red Raiders are about to upset your 2nd place ass. Looks like the Pimps better watch out as I'm gonna b**** slap them a new one later this week.

Smiley [​IMG] Simley [​IMG]

Maybe I can make a comeback in the 2nd half of the season.

Rob

------------------
    If Gallery Furniture really saved you money, would it make a sound?

2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

18. Behad

Trash talk only works if you have the team to back it up. [​IMG]

You have a 41 point lead, but I have 4 more games than you left. I'll let my team do it's talking on the court! [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad

19. SmeggySmeg

Nice trade WINK and PIMP,

Still trying to work out who gets the better of it, WINK probably wins in the short term, especially if steve keeps up his close to triple double form, but in the long term if DC gets fit and/or traded then Pimp will probably win, cause when fit and playing DC is 40pt scorer.

How much will this hurt in the short term PIMP, your PF situation is nearly worse than mine.

Smegola

------------------

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

voice of no reason, before u say i got robbed heres my team after the trade c-shaq pf-jamison sf-stojakovic sg-mcgrady pg-miller flex-grant,wesley howard bench some waiver wire guys..plus its an eight team keeper league where i can keep two, shaq and mcgrady

------------------
    How Sweet It Is! How Sweet It Is!
    Gene Peterson on the rockets winning the 1995 championship over the Orlando Magic