1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn's Fantasy Basketball 2006-2007 (** Draft Has Started **)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Oct 19, 2006.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I was one of them too (obviously) when I picked up a replacement for Marvin Williams. I thought we were just going into free agency. I didn't even see Finn's post about picking up 2 until after several other people already filled out their IR and open spots. I had room for one more guy and didn't pick him up until later in the evening.

Seriously, I want this to be fun and fair, so lets just release them all and go back to finishing the draft. 2 rounds can be done by the end of the week. If anyone has injured players, well you should just have to bite the bullet this week for drafting them I guess.

Thoughts?

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Dumb idea now that everybody has already declared who they want. Plus, the season is already underway. What's done is done. Just have to suck it up and move on, I guess.

3. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

My "third" player has been waived. I will wait until the weekend to fill out my roster since I am now a player short.

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey guys, I apologize did not mean to start any problems........I just got a little taken back when I logged back on to see everyone had already filled their rosters and then went to replace injured guys too. I thought we were planning on waiting for "real" FA when all rosters were filled. But last thing I meant to due was cause any problems, as this really is suppose to be fun. So I am sorry!!! :(

But Finn you did a great job don't get frustrated, as these things can get like that. Heck after our fantasy football draft I thought everyone was going to burn down my house, so I should have known better. Hopefully, I did not cause you to not want to run the league next year, because you do a great job and it's more fun to whip you when your in charge.

I probably have no chance at you this year,seeing as half my team is injured and nobody to pick up since Jent and Fade :p took them all, but next year......watch out....

On second thought, I'll just whip your a** thisweek in fantasy football... :D

Once again............sorry!!!

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You all lost when you allowed me to pick up Arenas and Paul.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

My Paul beat yours.

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I don't see why all the drama about the draft. One, I generally like the slow live... it's only when the same people are continuously late with picks that I get annoyed (which didn't really happen here). The draft is one of the funnest parts of playing fantasy (hoops, football, baseball) imo. We just needed to get a quicker start this season.

But since we didn't get a quicker start, I would have been fine to keep going with the draft until it was finished. It woulda been done by this evening or tomorrow afternoon in all likelyhood anyway. But, on the other hand, I realize that the players drafted at the end of the draft are generally extremely scrubby anyway. Who cares really whether they get some guy who's likely not starting for his real life team anyway? Of the waiver wire pickups since the draft ended, I'd guess maybe 1 or 2 will become decent fantasy producers and the rest will be so much chaff through the mill.

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

:confused: Not sure why you're singling me out, as I wasn't one of the ones who did the IR swap thing.

9. shagdog1976

shagdog1976 Member

When is the cut off time for picking for the next week?

10. shagdog1976

shagdog1976 Member

Hey Bob,

Can you make Nene a C please?

Shag

11. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fade,

I thought you knew me by now, since you are one of my arch nemesis (especially you and Finn), that I would always give you a hard time, whether you actually did it or not........... :D