1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn's Fantasy Basketball 2006-2007 (** Draft Has Started **)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Heath

Heath Member

I'll take KURT THOMAS and trade him to Jent for Joel Pryzbilla.

Need another center anyway. :)

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Smeg is still up.

Fade is on the clock essentially until game time.

Does anyone have a list for PSJ?

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i take josh childress

(my internet connection was down last night)

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

LOL. Looks like that problem is solved.

I'll take Jamal Crawford.

5. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. :)

While we're at it --- one last request. Can I get the newly acquired Kurt Thomas to be given the Center designation (listed as a F/C on nba.com)?

6. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Scratch that last request regarding change of position...must have been looking at another site as he's only listed as a forward on nba.com. Rats.

7. RocketsPimp

I cannot believe he made it all the way back around to you.

So what do ya'll think? One pick from PSJ, then we halt this thing and begin FA at a given time? Any suggestions on that time?

Should we keep it going?

8. fadeaway

We can just keep it going, I guess. Everybody should have enough players to start a lineup. If we decide to do something different, somebody will have to e-mail PSJ and let him know.

9. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I am here (finally), stuck at work all day.

Sorry for the mistake Jent, I will give you Kurt Thomas and give Heath Pryzbilla.

You guys wanna stop the draft now and hit the waiver wire to finish rosters? Would that be fair to everyone?

10. fadeaway

Fine with me. Make sure PSJ knows what's going on, though. He should at least get to make this round's pick.

11. BobFinn*

email sent to PSJ.

After he makes the last pick of the 10 round, I will put the website on "Regular Season" mode and everyone can go in and claim 2 players to fill their roster.

As for Rook (all the injured players he drafted) I will reset his lineup with the "healthy" scrubs...er...I mean players he picks up.

12. fadeaway

Looks like PSJ made his pick.

13. BobFinn*

Ok, everyone can go in and claim 2 players to fill their rosters.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

make Zaza Pachulia a Center please.

15. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well that system stunk...................

I go trick and treating with the little ones and come back to everyone picking up pretty much all that is left............great......... :rolleyes:

Some even picked up 3-4 players after moving players to IR.....thanks for leaving some for the rest of us........the rewards of being here all draft till then...

Oh well, guess we will go with the 10 guys I have....that took the fun out of it....

#295 Rocketball, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You should have thought of that before you had kids rookie.

bwahahaha.

(I didn't know about it either so don't feel bad you missed out on a couple scrubs)

17. BobFinn*

No matter what I did to finish this ridiculous draft, someone was going to be pissed. You know what, I could care less.

If you were waiting until the 11th and 12th rounds to draft players that would bring you a championship, all I can say is....good luck with that strategy. :rolleyes:

I refuse to sit here and wait for peope to show up and make a pick. Instead of people sending lists to keep the draft moving, they make everyone else wait for them to make that oh so secret pick.

You can run the league as you see fit next year Rook, because I WILL NOT go through another waste of time SLOW draft again.

18. RocketsPimp

Really?

I don't even care if we throw all of the guys we picked up back into the pool and finish the draft if it is that big an issue that we stopped the draft as you suggested we do.

I'll do it. I like drafting my own guys and not letting a ranking, autopick system do it. Let's just start it earlier or set more strict time limits like 12 hours for the first few rounds, then 6, then 2 for the last few rounds. No lists...tough ****. All in all I think this years draft went about as well as any of them. It was a little slower than last year's, but hey, it's a slow draft. We do it every year and someone always b****es about it. It's our own fault for not adjusting it to finish it in time.

19. BobFinn*

That was very thoughtful (and fair) of all you guys that picked up players and put them on IR. So instead of "picking up 2 players to fill your roster" ,as I asked, you take 3.

20. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

I was one of those guys. Didn't know it would ruffle feathers. My thought process was that the IR guy was 1. obviously hurt, 2. not taken in the first 10 rounds and thus not on many (if any) folks radar. I will happily waive a player if need be.