1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn's Basketball Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BobFinn*, Oct 13, 2003.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It is never too late to choke.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

The team that finished with the best record plays the wild card team.

I wonder when was the last time Cat even visited the site. I am thinking hard about replacing Cat and Pood next season for non participation.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Chalk up that playoff loss, BobFinn*.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1772695

ORLANDO, Fla. -- NBA scoring leader Tracy McGrady will miss the rest of the season after the Orlando Magic put him on the injured list Wednesday because of left knee tendinitis.

McGrady, averaging 28 points, skipped the past two games because his knee was sore and now also will be sidelined for the Magic's final seven games.

At 19-56, Orlando has the league's worst record.

"It just isn't getting any better," McGrady said. "The organization doesn't want to me to rush it, and I don't want to rush it. I just don't want to put pressure on myself to try and come back too soon. We're just being cautious."

He's the second NBA star ruled out for the rest of the regular season this week. On Tuesday, the Philadelphia 76ers announced Allen Iverson will miss their final eight games because of persistent pain in his right knee.

McGrady has all but clinched his second straight scoring title. Sacramento's Peja Stojakovic ranks second with 24.7 points.

McGrady also is averaging six rebounds, 5.5 assists and 1.39 steals in 67 games.

#1163 RocketsPimp, Mar 31, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2004
  4. BobFinn*

I'm glad I wasn't in the hunt for the championship, is all I have to say. McGrady carried my team all year. Everyone else was injured at one time or another.

After the last 2 seasons a pattern is emerging:

The players I draft are guaranteed to be injured during the season. So you will never see me draft Yao Ming:p

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

I'll join.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

In Pood's defense, his PC died somewhere along the way. And to be honest, for the longest time I thought the league was dead. Then I saw someone post about the rosters and I said "dang, are we still playing?". I thought somewhere we had given up on Fanstar or whoever runs the thing.

Well I'm just glad I did not choke this season. :)

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Until now.

:)

8. BobFinn*

Yeah, you're right D0D. Heck you should be replaced as well for non participation:p

Fanstar blew a gasket around week 13 and never did get fixed. Had I known a full weeks worth of games would have decided both games of our scheduled week, we could have made an adjustment. but no, they never told me they stopped trying to fix the problem.

There were a lot of you that did continue to participate even through the bad times. Matador, Smeg, Heath, Pimp, SSG, moe and Behad continued to set their lineups often, if not every game (Matador)

Looks like it will be a moe vs Cat finals

9. RocketsPimp

I actually didn't keep up with my team for while and lost some games because of it. Like DoD, I thought the season was a lost cause. I might actually have had a run at the playoffs if I had stuck with it.

2004 - *

10. BobFinn*

moe will play Cat in the finals. I set a schedule (and lineups) for week 47. If anyone wants to change their lineup just post it here or email me.

11. RocketsPimp

Time to kick some Smeggy ass!

Sub James Posey for Rasheed Wallace.

12. BobFinn*

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Since Baron Davis is still out, Please put Morris Peterson in for him.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

15. BobFinn*

Sorry moe, I didn't see this post. I will put MoPete in for Baron Davis.

16. BobFinn*

Congratulations moestavern!!!

The moe town killers defeated Cat's Fighting Fords 878-807 to win the 2003-2004 BobFinn Fantasy Basketball League. Jamaal Magliore (155), Kevin Garnett (152) and Carlos Boozer (143) led the killers to the title.

Zach Randolph (172) and Theo Ratliff (128) led the scoring for the Fighting Fords.

Thanks to all you guys who stuck it out, I know I wanted to throw in the towel several times.

P.S.- D0D's team collapsed like a house of cards for the 3rd straight year:p :D Best record in the regular season but losses to moe and SSG in the playoffs give the "Cooties" a 4th place finish.

17. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Congrats moe. Welcome to the champion's club. Wear your green jacket with pride.

Finn* -- if you post or send me complete stats (including Moe's championship roster), I'll incorporate them into the overall standings page.

18. Summer Song Giver

Conratulations Moe, i coulda been a contender if ai and dampier didn't shut it down early and if larry brown would have played the legend darko who i carried all season and still won third, dampier was super though really appreciate the season he had for me. probably the second most valuable true center behind shaq. once again congratulations on winning an otherwise forgettable league.

19. BobFinn*

Final Standings

1. moe town killers 30-16
    2. Cat's Fighting Fords 30-16
    3. Underpaid Tools 23-23
    4. Cataclysmic Cooties 32-14
    5. Capitol City Pimps 25-21
    6. Smeg City Tripe 26-20
    7. Matador's Dogs 25-20-1
    8. Pythons 22-22-2
    9. Flying Reindeers 23-23
    10 Austin Monkey Hookers 22-24
    11. Crisco 19-26-1
    12. PSJ 18-28
    13. League City Skulls 17-29
    14. Crash N' Burn 8-38

moe town killers Roster

Center
    Magloire,Jamaal NO

Forwards
    Boozer,Carlos CLE
    Cheaney,Calbert GOL
    Rose,Malik SA
    Peterson,Morris TOR
    Sprewell,Latrell MIN
    Garnett,Kevin MIN

Guards
    Lenard,Voshon DEN
    Payton,Gary LAL
    Arroyo,Carlos UTA
    Wade,Dwyane MIA
    Davis,Baron NO

#1179 BobFinn*, Apr 12, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thank you to all... :D

Not too bad for my rookie season.

I would just like to congratulate Cat on a great season, he was only fractions behind me in many of the statistical categories.

Thanks to Bob for keeping us somewhat updated on the league.

As for my team... I have to thank MVP Kevin Garnett, who is the only reason I am the champ. I checked stats and KG accumulated over 5000 fp, the 2nd leading scored didn't even have 4000. :eek:

Props to Latrell Sprewell and Jamaal Magloire for not missing games.

Major Props to Carlos Boozer, who become my own version of Clyde Drexler, jumping over from mediocrity (Heath :p) to help me win the championship.

Thanks to late round picks Dwyane Wade and Carlos Arroyo for your valuable contributions.

Thanks to Baron Davis... we pulled it out with you watching from the sideline, but we wouldn't have been there without you baby.

And a special thanks to everyone who was kind enough to vote me in at the start of the year, aren't you so glad you did? :)