1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BobFinn*, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I'm in the second league, but it won't be for long.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Just found out about CBS sportsline's fantasy hockey (basketball will be the same) will not be run the same way it was on sandbox.
    Their version of a live draft (they only have 2 types of draft, live or list) is meeting in a chat room and each team getting 90 seconds to draft.

It would be almost impossible for all of us to meet for 3-4 hours to hold a live draft.

Options:

1. Hold our own draft on this BBS. I would then set up a league on cbs.

2. Try yahoo's draft. fadeaway has played on there so he would have to fill us in on how it works over there.

Any suggestions?

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bobo,

I haven't looked at the scoring system or anything. Will that be the same as on Sandbox when Sportsline takes ownership? If so, let's just do the draft via email, mailing list, web page, etc. I liked Sandbox's scoring system and would rather not have to figure out the nuances of another scoring system...

4. BobFinn*

DoD, not sure yet, but, I am in a football league where we held our own draft and set it up on cbs and we were able to set our own scoring system. Don't know yet if basketball will be the same.

Yahoo's live draft is the same as cbs's. So throw that out the window. More info as I get it.

I miss sandbox already:(

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I only played Yahoo for baseball, and we didn't have a live draft, so I'm in the dark just as much as anyone else with the whole draft thing.

6. fadeaway

Another thing to consider.. The maximum league size for the cbs sportsline hockey game is 12 teams. If it is the same for basketball, that means two teams in our league will have to be cut.

7. BobFinn*

fade, we have 12 in our league

8. fadeaway

Oh, my bad. I thought you went with the max # of teams when you first started it (14).

9. mduke

mduke Member

just a suggestion-

we could use hoops.sports.ws league. It is a head 2 head league, not a points-based league. Was it a head-2head league last year? If thats what you want, then it is pretty easy to set up, i have a couple leagues there right now. You choose the scoring system, and have a couple of options on the draft. It is not a live draft, but a list draft. The commisioner sets a per-pick time limit, and has the power to manually skip teams. You can set your lists up to 20 players at a time. For the guys that are in my hoops.sports.ws league, you could explain more about it.(TheCat, SteveFrancis3, DVauthrin, THE_BREESE, WhiteMagic02)

10. BobFinn*

11. mduke

mduke Member

and one more thing...

the max # of teams is 32, minimum is 6.

12. BobFinn*

To be honest, I am with D0D on this one. I would like to get a similar scoring system to what we had last season (or as close as possible)
    This site has an entirely different scoring setup.

13. BobFinn*

I am setting up a page for our league on cbs sportsline. The scoring will be similar to last year, with a couple of added features. Double-doubles will be 1 pt, triple doubles 3 pts and quad doubles 5 pts.

Once I have the page set up I will send email to all owners with the address to the site (it will be password protected).

Another added feature I thought would be worth a try, I split the league into 2 divisions, east and west. The 2 division winners will meet for a 1 game championship.

East- VoR, Fade, Phi, Smeg, SSG and myself (I think all of us are located in the east :) )

West- D0D, Pimp, Crisco, Cat, Ren and Behad.

I am open to changing anything. So just let me know.

What I need is What your team name will be. Post it here and I will put it on the site.

We will have to conduct our own draft. Cbs's draft system stinks.

mduke-you can go ahead and set up a page for your league. Email me when you want the scoring set up I have for our league.

14. fadeaway

Sounds good. :) I have a few questions, though:

#1. How are the players broken up in Sportsline? Do we have PG, SG, SF, PF & C or simply G, F & C?

#2. Are we starting the same number of players this time around? (ie: C, PF, SF, SG, PG plus three flex spots)

#3. Does Sportsline have a good stats display system? (ie: click on a player's name, you get his rating, etc.. like in Sandbox).

#4. If you're going with two divisions, maybe the two worst teams should get dropped down to the other league at the end. The worst from each division.

15. BobFinn*

#1- G, F & C

#2-Same as last year, only they won't be called flex players, you will be able to have 8 active players. Games will run from Mon to Sun. In other words 1 game per week, instead of the 2 we had last year.

#3- Sportsline has a decent stats display system. The one big plus for cbs is they have all the info you will need right on the site. They have news updates as well as advice from "experts"

#4- The division thing isn't set in stone. Maybe we should vote on it? I can basically change anything up until Oct.31st, this includes the scoring system or anything else.

16. fadeaway

G - 1
    F - 1
    C - 1
    flex - 5

G - 2
    F - 2
    C - 1
    flex - 3

G - 3
    F - 3
    C - 1
    flex - 1

:confused:

17. BobFinn*

You will have 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 center and then 3 of whatever you want except only 2 active centers will be allowed.

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Are you sure you want to put the rookie(Cat) in with the big boys?

;)

19. mduke

mduke Member

Bob- have you already set up your page? I won't work yet for me. Any way, could you please email me the scoring system at mduke98@yahoo.com

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Time to find out how many ways there really are to skin a Cat. :mad:

:D