1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BobFinn*, Sep 25, 2001.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I think at this point it's pretty much a lock that it will be the two of us in the finals. I'm ahead of Ren by 153 pts and Behad is killing Phi by 500+ pts, so the East looks to be all wrapped up. Also, barring two miracles, you'll win the West for sure.

It's interesting that it will be you and I in the finals. If you remember, in the second round of the draft I took Karl Malone, but wanted afterwards to change my pick to Paul Pierce. It was put to a vote and I was shot down, with you being one of the most vocal owners against me. Then, sure enough, two picks later the Pimps selected Paul Pierce as their second round pick. It's ironic that the Pierce/Malone decision could possibly determine the champion of the league when the two face off in the final game

2. PhiSlammaJamma

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yes, I remember and honestly the reason I was vocal about it was because Pierce was the guy I wanted with my next pick. You wanting to take him instead of Malone had nothing to do with my decision. I agree, it will be interesting to see them(Malone and Pierce) go head to head in the final game.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Pimp, your struggling this week, and D0D is winning big. It ain't over yet.

As it stands at this moment, the matchups for the final week:

fade @ Pimps
    PSJ @ Lords
    Ren @ Skulls
    Pythons @ Smeg
    Fury @ Mogs
    Hookers @ Hippy Killers

These matchups are subject to change

5. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Finn, it looks like I'm gonna be close to taking over 4th place from Phi. My team is crushing him, and I could win by over 600 points.

BTW, what's the single week scoring record? I'm gonna be close to 1400 points this week.

6. RocketsPimp

#2166 RocketsPimp, Mar 31, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2002
  7. fadeaway

You finished up with 1382 -- pretty close to 1400.

Of course, my boys ended up scoring 1394. ;)

I beat Ren and Pimp beat Song, so the final game is official now. Pimps versus Fish. Huzzah!

8. Heath

Heath Member

Damn, I can't believe I only lost with 72 pts to you Matador this round when losing 5 games to injury, anyway - congrats with the title shot. But SF3 is on a roll now - 7 straight wins - it won't be easy.

You never would have won that round 1 anyway... you would have to have selected the perfect team to do that - but if you could have picked round 1 after the games started then I would have had that opportunity too ;)

Anyway - I'm still aiming to win the league on total points. Even if you deduct the points I got the first round - I'm still ahead... - what a pityful target to have for the remianing two rounds :eek:

...damn scheduling :mad: :(

9. RocketsPimp

whoops

:eek:

#2169 RocketsPimp, Apr 1, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2002
  10. RocketsPimp

1394?!?! Damn! You better not do that next week!!

As for this week, I might be taking a loss to Behad due to scheduling. :(

11. fadeaway

Pimpy,

Seems we both have the same number of games for the upcoming week. Should be a good match.

12. Matador

Matador Member

Finn*: I've got a question about next weeks games. On the CBS fantasy schedule page it says that there is only one more week of play (period 24). Is this the Championship Week? If so then what happens to the last three games of the season (4/15-4/17). Do they count any towards the championship? Thanks.

13. BobFinn*

Good question Matador. Next week is the Championship game. mduke will have to go in and make the matchups. The two division winners play against each other for the championship. Our league is pairing up the 3rd and 4th place teams against one another and 5th and 6th and so on...

The final week is as follows:

Finals
    Period 24 (04/08/2002 - 04/17/2002)

Thats 9 days instead of the usual 7. Should make for some tense moments (I hope);)

14. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Having 9 days is a fair deal, since a lot of top teams will be resting top players those last couple of games.

I still believe I am going to take 4th place away from Phi. Then all that is left is to take down the crumbling Lords, and 3rd place will be mine!!! Yes!

15. BobFinn*

Actually that should have read 10 days instead of the usual 7.:eek:

16. Matador

Matador Member

Ok, that sounds good, but when I try to set my roster now for next week it only has the schedule for the seven day week. Are we going to have to reset our rosters again for 4/15-4/17? Will CBS allow this?

17. BobFinn*

The lineup you set for period 24 will be for the entire 10 day period.

18. fadeaway

Seven days.. Ten days.. It doesn't really matter to me. Pimp and I will both have the same number of games either way, unless Pimp decides to bench Paul Pierce in favor of one of his bench guys, in which case he'll have a one game advantage.

Shaping up to be a good final.

19. RocketsPimp

I think your intruder alarm is broken cuz is stuttering.

:D

20. fadeaway

[​IMG]