1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BobFinn*, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Phi, your team is disintigrating faster than a Blacktop Lord. Is Houston, Cassell, Cambell, or Stoywhatever gonna play at all this match?

BTW, Marion with a sweet 79 tonight. He's on fire lately. My team has a shot at taking fourth place in this league. Not bad for someone who started 1-5.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

At the end of the season I'm waiving them ALL :) My players are falling apart at the seems.

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Bob,

I know there is a championship game between the East & West leaders to determine the overall winner, but are there also games to determine 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th & 11th place?

Oh, and thanks Behad. You're doing quite nicely against Phi. :) If you knock him off, I won't have to worry about Ren beating me this week, or Smeg the next.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I know my team is rocking, but his team just rolled over and died! I haven't seen that big of a collapse since DoD fell apart...last year...and this year!

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Yes fade, I will matchup teams according to their records for that last week of the season.

6. Matador

Matador Member

Who is going down to the minors when I win?

7. fadeaway

Looks like either Clutch or Crisco. Crisco has come on strong lately, so my guess is Clutch.

8. Heath

Heath Member

Luck of scheduling - it is all down to the luck of scheduling! Damn injuries everytime I face you. :mad:

congrats though... but you yet have to take on the winner of the lestern confernce.

hmm - that work better when talking about the east and leastern :)

9. Matador

Matador Member

I find it kind of disturbing that the grand champion comes down to the last week of the season. 23 some odd weeks of playing to earn the best record can all be equalized by having one bad week or having your key players have poor schedules in the last week or have it come down to the last day of games and find out half your players played only in the first half cuz they were resting for the playoffs.

How about just moving Heath and I up since we far and away have the best records and giving Clutch AND Crisco the boot. :)

10. Matador

Matador Member

Standings
    West W-L
    SF3s H-Town Hotshots 13-8
    Vtrains Big Ballaz 10-11
    Pflugerville Suburbanites 7-14
    DC Ballaz 4-17

East W-L
    Matador Dogs 18-3
    Heath's Flying Reindeers 16-5
    Ottawa Papayas 11-10
    Clutch City Panthers 5-16

Heath you know that I should be 19-2, but I gave you week 1 since I didn't have my roster set in time. ;) I will say though, that you by far have the best forwards in the league: Garnett, Mailman, Brand, and Gasol.

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I know this may be a little early to be discussing it, but how about making it a 14 team league again like it was last year when we had Robb and that Mari-beth chick as well? That way we could pick up both Heath and Matador and keep Clutch and/or myself. Also, might sound strange, but I like a 14 team draft better. Seems to distribute the talent a little bit more.

Doesn't matter too much to me either way, but I think it would be a cool idea. I'm just happy sandbox is back.

12. Matador

Matador Member

Sounds good to me.

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The soon to be crowned Champion also agrees.

;)

Better polish that trophy like I said early in the preseason, fadeaway!

:cool:

14. RocketsPimp

Man, Pierce and 'Reef really had some poor outings tonight. Hopefully Duncan and Pippen can pick up the slack to keep my safety cushion intact.

15. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Crisco, thats exactly what I was planning on doing!!! Hopefully Clutch will want to join us again next season and he can draft his own team instead of being stuck with a bad one.

SF3 and Matador will move up to the Big Leagues. If Clutch decides not to play next year, Heath will join us as well (2nd best record in the minor leagues)

16. fadeaway

Ahem..

My trophy isn't going anywhere, hooker-boy. :cool: It was never yours. ;)

17. fadeaway

Counting on Pippen???

Someone's in trouble. :p

you

18. RocketsPimp

No problem. Pippen's 1-11 from the point line did no harm. Duncan's 70 more than made up for my boys' sub-par efforts.

Start shining son!!!!

:cool:

19. fadeaway

The fact that you are showing me absolutely no respect whatsoever will make my victory even sweeter should I win.

20. RocketsPimp

I know, but interest and trash talking has waned so much in recent weeks I just want to spice things up a bit. We should have a pretty interesting finals matchup(if it is you and I).