1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn Classic Fantasy Hoops 2011-12 Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Dec 25, 2011.

1. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Fair enough. But Garnett and Bass are both C eligible according to that listing, so you can add that for me.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Damn it... I hate that stupid unnecessary extra phantom roster spot.

3. SamCassell

And Tyreke Evans should have SF access.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kenneth Faried has 19/13 and theres still almost another half left to play.

I'm about to cry.

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Done and done.

6. SamCassell

Gracias.

7. fadeaway

Not off to a good start. The best thing to happen now for me would be for Kobe to return and absolutely dominate (taking touches away from Gasol/Sessions). Come on Bryant --- get back in the game!

8. fadeaway

Fun playoff fact: the 6 teams that made the playoffs this year had the top 6 draft spots.

Just goes to show that a high draft pick (and thus a dominant star player) is such a major advantage in fantasy hoops, more so than in other sports.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I forget what happened, but I think I had the 6th pick didn't I? And I traded it down and took Westbrook. Westbrook wound up outperforming whoever was taken 6-Westbrook I imagine. Looking at the top 5-6 players overall, all-said-and-done is probably the better bet.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I completely botched the #2 pick, could have had Love or Durant and decided to get too cute. Not sure what I was envisioning over Griffin.

Built my team through the next 5 rounds. Jennings and Rondo turned out to be good value picks.

Not a good start for me. Need perfection, and benched Faried when he has a career night.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You took Wright too huh? I figured Jackson would put a chain on him. Too bad I couldn't see anything else coming.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah Beasley and Wright absolutely killed the toughest position to get production from off the waiver wire. The dreaded SF.

13. RocketsPimp

He's sitting out again tonight which is fine and dandy with me. Hell, sit the guy all week long so he can be rested for next week!

14. RocketsPimp

Adding Lester Hudson, dropping Carl Landry.

15. SamCassell

Nah. You're up against my B-squad with Howard out. You should be able to breeze to a W. And I've left 101 points on the bench so far in Davis. Too bad, honestly; I've had my best season so far I think in this hoops league.

16. fadeaway

John Wall is not doing his part. I am going to need a few 30-5-12 games from him to win this match-up. Lines of 15-3-7 and 2-4-12 just don't cut it. :(

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sorry guys, I've been a sour-puss since being bounced from the playoffs that way.

But good luck to you guys, gonna be interesting how this all plays out with the end of the season rests and returning or injured players going in and out of lineups.

I still f'n hate you moes!

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Oh... And you traded that pick to me and I took D-Wade. My strategy this draft was to shore up or have the 2 best players at the hardest postions to get production from (SG and SF) with my first 2 picks. I don't think Wade necessarily outperformed Westbrook but I was able to get value at the same position with Lawson later in the draft. Plus Wade usually delivers in all categories.

The next 2 I botched somewhat:

Noah over Bynum
    Monroe over Cousins

then I took Matthews not knowing Crawford would be signed and take some produciton/value away.

Overall I was pleased with my season and if it weren't for injuries feel I'd still be in it. Next year I'll try something a little different. Hopefully with a slightly better pick. :grin:

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've been a sour puss since Yao's career ended.

20. RocketsPimp

You've still got a good shot since the "unleashing" of Byron Mullens probably has moe wishing he kept him on that leash.