1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bleacher Report] Are the Mavs Better than the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waytookrzy079, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Link

Don't know what this dude's smokin! There's no way Dallas has an edge over us.. not even by a little bit.

AB vs. Kidd - adv. Brooks
    Martin vs. Butler - even
    Ariza vs. Marion - even
    Scola vs. Dirk - Adv. Dirk
    Yao vs. Haywood - Adv. YAO...WITH one arm behind his back!

Rox Bench vs. Mavs Bench - Adv. ROCKETS!

Seems like the Rockets have the edge here..

Lock if posted.

2. Ashes

Ashes Member

It's certainly closer than the us Rockets fans would like to believe. It'll all hinge on Yao's health, obviously. With Yao, I feel we are better.

3. AggieRocketsFan

It's a BleacherReport article under the Dallas Mavericks section so of course they are biased.

Only read the Houston Rockets section and you will be happy.

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Don't read BleacherReport at all and you will be even happier.

5. SunsRocketsfan

well if Yao is healthy its pretty close .. but without we just dont have that consistent superstar like they do with Dirk..

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Did Yao fall down some steps and forget how to score with the Jump Hook, Jumper, Up and Under, etc... Did they watch YouTube of Yao murdering these two cats.

As long as Scola stays pace with Dirk scoring and Lowry shuts down Don't Let Him Go Right - Jason Terry. We give them the blues. Why, not enough shots for everyone on that team.

Team beats individual all day long

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

haha yeah i didnt realize that until i got the popup to sign up for MAVS updates.. i wish they had a "F*** the MAVS" button instead of "No Thanks"

i actually saw this article's link posted in the Houston Chronicle.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If Yao is healthy, it would definitely be no contest. Unfortunately, when was the last time Yao was healthy?

9. jedicro

jedicro Member

Does anyone else think that the better the defender you put on Yao the more screwed the other team is?

Yao dominates legit bigs who try to play him straight up. It's the smaller guys who front and try to keep the ball from him that give him problems.

See: Yao vs. Dwight, or Shaq, or the 2nd best center in the league.

10. benvolio

benvolio Member

I completely disagree with the article. Putting the Rockets ahead of the Spurs like he did in the opening paragraph had me put on my BS goggles right away.

Yao is the only significant piece that has changed since last year and he is a big question mark at this point.

Last year's playoffs is a better predictor than some guy in the bleacher's opinion:

1-Spurs
    2-Mavs
    3-Rockets

Hope I'm wrong.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

With Yao, no. Without Yao, maybe.

12. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

seemed? I get the feeling the writer really isn't all that familiar with the Rockets, though he tried. And it's really silly to suggest that the Spurs are behind these 2 teams.

I think it's way to early to suggest any team is really better then the other two since it's so close. Wait till we play the games.

13. tested911

tested911 Member

Dallas > Houston for right now... When Yao reaches 80% of full strength then we will at least tie them.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Bleacher report is for bored fans that think they are journalists. And yes its under the Mavericks fans section. If you look at the Houston section there are always article being written about how The Rockets are going to win the championships for the next five years. Clutchfans has better insider information, and better writers in all honesty.

15. diegot143

diegot143 Member

the guy is overrating the mav frontcourt and under rating the rockets front court. Yao Miller Scola Hayes is about even with NOdicksky haywood chandler and who ever else they have. Nodicksky has no mental strength while Yao Miller Scola Hayes are as strong mentally as they come. In the back court the guy is right we own. Advantage ROckets

16. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

meh, I'm not worried about the Mavs. They will put up good numbers in the regular season, like they alwasy do. Even if we are 0-4 against them in the regular season, I think we can beat them in the playoffs (assuming Yao can play up to 30mpg). In a 7 games series, we have as good of chance as anyone. Playoffs should be good.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Why is this guy even comparing his Mavericks team to Houston? Would you, as a Dallas Mavericks fan, want to compare your playoff team to the other texas team that made the playoffs last year? I guess if it makes him sleep better at night...

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Mavs are a team that could beat us in a series because we dont matchup with them well, but overall, I think we have a better shot at winning a title.

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

2008-09 NBA season - 77 games....

--RB

20. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

i don't care if Yao is 60%....He alone at 60% is better than Haywood and Tyson lol. Neither one can hold him straight up....its laughable when teams try to guard him alone. Advantage is clearly Houston even with a limping Yao! Now Dirk is an advantage because he is a match up nightmare.....the 3 position is even between marion, butler/ Shane, Ariza, Chase and our back court has an slight advantage...but it doesn't matter because it's a team sport and the Mavs create match up issues for the Rockets. So the artictle is pointless.............d@mn offseason sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.