1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BimaThug Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by pge71188, Jan 26, 2012.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

When Bima said he needs a break...he meant for a couple of hours.

(At least I hope so :)).

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Obviously not, if we don't agree, we don't agree, I can sleep fine with that.

DD

3. Classic

Classic Member

Just got off the phone with David Stern. He is blocking your request to leave the site Bima for any length of time. Says something about conflict of interest to the league and front office blah blah blah. Sorry bro, but there are rules.

1 person likes this.
  4. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

wow we should really make a reality show on this
    - imo not a very good thread
    - really dont care what happend... when he comes back he posts his good stuff, if he doesn't he doesn't

5. DaDakota

From Bima:

BimaThug In retrospect, I shouldn't have announced my break from CF by blaming you. Sorry for that. I'll tweet as much.
    6 minutes ago

BimaThug Disagreeing with me wasn't the problem. I agreed about nothing being 100%. But your argument was that Nene 100% wasn't coming. Not true.
    8 minutes ago

BimaThug Didn't mean to throw you under the bus. Gotta lot of stuff ticking me off. Your argument was just the straw that broke the cammel's back.
    9 minutes ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So apparently it is much ado about nothing....you can all go back to hating me now.

DD

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The salary cap update in a nutshell is this:

Because we are not extending the 09ers, we can add TWO max salary free agents this summer, if we and they want to.

7. Garner

Garner Member

Your thirst for attention on this board never ceases to amaze me.

1 person likes this.
  8. DaDakota

I don't want the ****ing attention, I just want to talk Rockets.....I could care less about attention on an internet message board.

Honestly, you don't know me Garner, and you probably never will...all the better for both of us.

DD

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DaDakota,
    I agree with you that I don't understand why BimaThug would get so riled up. But, I'm not someone who cares about trade talk, sources or scoops AT ALL -- but I do love Salary Cap discussions. I don't like people who are privy to an inside scoop to make it public. It can ONLY HURT the Rockets. I've said this many times in the past.

So, yes, I don't understand why what you said would chase BimaThug away.

But, I would bet it is this line:

Sorry Bima, I think Nene to Houston was made up garbage, there was no evidence of it other than mindless speculation.

You do know that Clutch does share insider info with BimaThug. Those guys actually withhold a lot of it to protect the Rockets, their sources and their access to their sources and the Rockets. They will let others out-scoop them. These two guys are different. You can't say "garbage" talk and "mindless speculation to them.

The litmus test when questioning BimaThug's educated speculation laced with facts is to replace "Bima" with "Clutch" in your quote above and tell me if you think Clutch would have been pissed and offended by that statement; then maybe you can understand why BimaThug got upset.

Cheers Dude, and make it to the Utah game to see Smeggy

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If only it were that easy. Everyone responds and quotes his stuff, so you see it anyway. Half of the posts on this board are people trying to debate his lunacy.

1 person likes this.
  11. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

So is this a BimaThug Appreciation Thread or a DD bashing thread? It is hard to tell.

With that being said, even though I am a "low-count" poster, I have been reading this site for years and always look forward to Bima's insite. The knowledge that dude has about the economics of basketball is overwhelming. Thanks for the good work, I hope to read more from you in the future.

12. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

DD's a circus act, one that can be avoided w/ the simple click of a button. Toss his happy ass on the ignore list, and carry on.

No reason to bounce over a petty disagreement w/ a cyber persona.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

I understand HP, and if Clutch shared it, then I would back off, and could understand why he did not admit as much.

Still I think the only insider in this situation was the guy whose Sister in law was married to Nene....

The rest was, IMO, pure speculation.

DD

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's ok guys. 99ers argue all the time.
    There's no beef here.

[​IMG]

15. choujie

choujie Member

From the title, I thought Bima is Morey's asset and he just got traded.

Seriously, Bima is one of the best posters on this site but overreacted on this one. Hard to imagine anyone can get so upset by DD's post after knowing DD for so long. Hopefully the salary cap update will come.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, I think the word "pure" versus "mindless" might have worked better.

17. Asian Sensation

Word. Who takes a guy that proclaimed V-Span the next great thing seriously? Ever?!?

18. DaDakota

Ok point made, but not enough to storm off though......

DD

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope so. I enjoy reading both of you. However, you responded to this post from Bima, which looks like a sincere attempt to stop arguing with you...

"Seriously, just stop it, DD!

You honestly think the rumored Nene signing was a "PR leak"? What the hell does that even mean? PR is meant to be public, with the team out in front of the spin on the information.

Every credible news source reported that Nene's decision was down to the Rockets, Nets and Nuggets. Nene was asking for (and the Rockets had the ability to pay him) a far greater annual salary than what he ended up re-signing for with Denver. The total difference between the four-year deal the Rockets could have given him and the actual five-year deal he signed with Denver (accounting for state income tax differences) was not that material.

Could he have eventually played the Rockets to get more money from Denver? It's possible. But you asserting that it somehow was CLEARLY just some PR spin by the Rockets is ridiculous.

YOU have been around long enough to know that the people on this BBS don't take kindly to made-up garbage.

Please return to your normal (or at least occasional) higher standard of posting on this BBS. Thank you."

...without a pause, including 3 posts in a row, one quoting yourself for emphasis (I think). I'm sure you don't see it this way, but perhaps he was trying to have a relaxing time discussing the subjects that interest him, and didn't really feel like having his every word dissected. You didn't exactly give him a pleasant time of it, DD, not in my opinion. Starting on page 11, until he asked you to "stop it" on page 14, you made a dozen posts. After that post of his, until he announced a sabbatical, you posted another 5 times. Not all were addressed to Bima, before and after he asked you to "stop it," but all appear to me to be one long continuation of the same argument. To prove him wrong. How many posts does it take to make your point?

#59 Deckard, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  20. Classic

Classic Member

Bima appreciation thread. DD with 14 of 57 posts. Classic.