1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Brien needs to go away.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I will make myself clear here.

I don't think you fire him this season. Like McNair and other owners, I don't think you get much out of firing a coach midseason.

You do get a boost for a game or two as players try to prove extra hard that they belong on the team, other than that not much changes.

This is his bed, he gets to sleep in it...but if we miss the playoffs, he needs to go. I understand he's in a 0-3 hole, but a lot of that is his fault.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would fire him and tank. Focus on keeping everyone healthy for next year

Nook likes this.
  4. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

He's definitely not as good as wade first year, but agreed BoB either needs to become full time OC or appoint someone. He can still freaking help gameplan offense, but he's too stubborn to give up playcalling it's ridiculous.

AND AS A HC YOU CAN STILL OVERRIDE COORDINATORS WHEN YOU NEED TO.

ugh.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

What you going to do with all that cap space?

6. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

You mean run, run, pass, punt

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Do they have lot of capspace? They could spend it or roll it forward.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Supposedly like 60m. Maybe more if they unload miller jjo and maybe merciless this offseason

9. likestohypeguy

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Not only does this team suck, but they play boring football.

I knew the line sucked and we were shaky at CB, and its shown so far this season. The Giants killed us over and over with crossing routes yesterday and we couldn't stop it.

We have gotten behind 2 scores in the first half in all three games, and when this has happened each time BOB has decided its time for us to play smash mouth ball. The other team is fine with that if you want to milk 7 mins off the clock when you are down 2 scores it just helps them shorten the game.

Watson made 2 idiotic throws in the red zone yesterday. There was no way either one of those was going to be completed and they costs us 6 points, but I don't think we win even if we got those 6 points.

The lack of an OC is just dumb I don't know who or why BOB thought it was a good idea to not have an OC other than the media/fans wouldn't have anyone to pile on when the offense was bad like they did Godsey when he was still here.

The defense has gotten off to slow starts every season since BOB has been here and most of the starters hardly play in pre season. When will they realize they aren't ready to open the season and decide to get them some reps in the pre season to get ready for the season ?

Watson doesn't have experience and he needed more pre season reps too especially coming off an injury.

Texans cut it to a one score game and the defense then allowed the Giants to shove it down our throat to seal the win.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. Texanstradamus

Our O-line is trash and OB keep thinking running miller on 1st and 2nd down is smart

12. Buck Turgidson

Thank You!

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Maybe he'll try to buy some time off the hot seat if he agrees to hire an OC, the way Kubes did with Wade. But BOB's not gonna pick an OC that would butt heads with him, or an OC known for running his own system. It's gonna be another yesman who would still be calling plays out of BOB's encyclopedia of inside runs.

14. SinceEverSince

I’m for a tank season. Get a good draft pick, plus 67+ mil in cap space can change your fortune real quick

texans1095 likes this.
  15. texans1095

texans1095 Member

If we lose this week in Indy then I am 100% all for that.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I don’t care if we win the Super Bowl!
    Bill O’ has to go!
    #FireObrien

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm sure people will be right back on his side. That's the fickle nature of being a fan.

But what in his tenure here has shown this is even a slight possibility? Are we going to reel off 5 or 6 wins in a row? Will he ever throw the ball on 1st down? Will he ever stop the stupid ass fake end around that no one ever falls for? He has show no propensity for growth at all.

red5rocket, Rudyc281 and BigShasta like this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He’s only had one losing season while here in Houston.

I say let’s just get to 500 ball by the bye week and start playing our best ball at the end of the season and sneak into playoffs.

Now it really does start with this Sunday we lose to colts and I would be looking for somebody to start a 2019 nfl draft thread for Texans.

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not sure anyone would be back on BOB’s side but I agree with the rest.

Sometimes the Texans some on the field and they don’t know what to do. Don’t know what formation to be in, always running routes where two or three players are in the same spot...it’s ridiculous. These three yard stop routes have me confused.

Houstunna likes this.
  20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

This is not the same division it was 3 and 4 years ago. Every team in the division seemed to have gotten better except the Texans. Jags defense, Colts have Luck back, and Titans just beat us with their backup qb and backups to the backup OTs. Concern was going down 0-2. This only had one losing season is not good enough when this healthy team is down 0-3 and lost to two teams that were suppose to be bad.

Rudyc281 likes this.