1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Bill Maher) New Rule: The Slow-Moving Coup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Nov 12, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Have you ever voted Republican?

Most people vote the same way every year. Welcome to America, i can show you around

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have voted for some Republicans in almost every single election. I think 2016 was the first election I did not vote for a single Republican.

I don't need a Russian to show me around America. Thank you, though.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

It really isn't lazy. It's accurate. I really, really wish it wasn't.

There were fifteen republican nominees. Trump took the lead from the beginning, and never looked back. He was the favorite with republican voters from the start. So, we have to ask: why?

Any of the other nominees would have have passed tax cuts with a republican-controlled house and senate. A president J Bush, Cruz, Rubio, any of them would have been happy to pass tax cuts and nominate Supreme Court justices. There's nothing special about Trump or anyone getting that done.

So why was he the front-runner? What differentiated him from the other candidates? Open racism, misogyny, and also some trade-protectionism.

JeffB, joshuaao and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wasnt responding to you. Did you notice whom i quoted? You do know to read that right?

Nolen wrote about how terrible Americans are for voting for Trump.

Therefore i responded to him that most people vote the same every year.

Then you jumped in with your voting history which i dont give a **** about

You dont need a Russian to show you around but apparently you need someone to argue with

#24 pgabriel, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And all the Republican candidates were anti immigration because they always are.

When i said people vote the same every election i was referring to Democrat vs Republican because you can't vote the same every primary.

If. you wanna say Republicans are just racist whatever

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, I missed that. I saw the notification and clicked it. That was the post that was on my computer screen. I'm not sure why you were so bothered by that. It's alright, though. No problem.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Understandable. You're unique that your vote is up for grabs. A lot of us say our vote is but its not really the case.

Trump winning the nomination was about an uninspiring Republican field. Rubio and Cruz aren't real contenders. Neither is that popular nationally and personality wise they are even more uninspiring.

Jeb was the victim of his brother's terrible tenure. Trump pounced on the opportunity and he should be given credit for doing so.

His rhetoric about the border is toxic. That being said in the midwest immigration is an economic issue about jobs.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I never voted D until 2016

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Also simplicity of message, irreverence, and established TV brand.

JeffB likes this.
  10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

We’re back to the W dilemma: is he an evil genius or moron? Please choose one.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I dont know anybody who thought w was an evil genius. It was always something between overmatched nice guy to puppeted simpleton moron Bush out front with Emperor Palpatine ruling from the veep's office.

I really never heard anybody call Bush an evil genius. The real bad guy was always the power behind the throne.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is the reaction to Obama - that's why he undoes everything Obama did. When Obama was president, a lot of people were not happy that we had a black president. It was like having a black overlord and I imagine to about 40% of this country, disgusting to them.

Trump emotionally hits that. They agree with his world view and love that he doesn't like blacks, Muslims or Mexicans. Because he allows them to feel that their views of these people are justified and ok to have. They no longer feel shame. he has validated them as people. He is their hero.

Ultimately they are racists who follow him, but none will ever admit it. Sure there are some who vote Trump because they don't care about race but they do care about their pocket book, but the vast majority lie to themselves to rationalize that he and by extension they are not racists.

That's why they can never let him be labeled a racist - no matter what he does as he is a reflection of themselves - that's the bond. He is their hero, and perfect no matter what