1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggio to first?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Another Brother, Jul 20, 2004.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man,

No love for my Homey the clown reference.

Too low for the audience I guess, need to resort to Pe_nis jokes.

:)

DD

2. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Biggio at 1st would be a humongous mistake. Where he should be is Catcher. The position he started at. Ausmus isn't throwing runners out anyway, so we don't lose much there. We then give either Lamb or Lane regular playing time. Replacing a career .240 hitter with no power with guys that can potentially hit 20-30 hr's would be a huge boost for this team.

3. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

But the thing is Ausmus can throw out runners occasionally, with Biggio back there they'd have a feild day. Also, catchers past their mid 30's, not the best decision.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Biggio is 38 and hasn't caught since 1991. There is no way he can go back to catcher. As a matter of fact, he isn't even the emergency catcher on the team - Lamb is.

5. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Yes, he is.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Don't agree with your homies but this wouldn't be a problem if they had kept a couple of players that GH traded away.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Why fire Jimy if you weren't going to do something...I know Bags finally got a HR, but c'mon...Your not reaching and I actually agree...something needs to start very soon...

8. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I rather resign Jeff Kent and put him at first. He brings it every night. Bags just doesn't have the tools anymore. His shoulder is killing him.

10. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I agree, Kent would be good at first, better than Biggio.