1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I didn't know this.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I didn't know about this either. Is this why they built living legend Bob a statue?

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

I dont think so. He is from SC. And has done some good things there and here. In real life people are rarely good or bad. They are usually a little bit of both.

joshuaao and theimpossibles1 like this.
  4. theimpossibles1

Here is the feature:

I was really surprised by some of the comments by the players:

DeAndre Hopkins: "I didn't know about it (McNair paying for all 9 victim's funerals), but it doesn't surprise me cause that's who he is, that's the kind of man he is, he's a stand up guy."

Johnathan Joseph: "With everything that's going around football and social media he could've easily jumped to it and said 'well you know, hey I sent this and I did that' but he didn't. He does a lot and never wants to take much credit for it. He just does it because he has a generous heart in that way, and that speaks volumes about him as well."

stevel and marks0223 like this.
  5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This would all come through a lot better if he wasn't dressed up like a plantation owner that whole clip.

sammy, Fulgore and theimpossibles1 like this.
  6. ballgame

ballgame Member

Never the less, it was a very good deed!! And moments like that makes me proud to be a Texan's Fan. Hopefully, he learned something from his "Inmates running the Prison" comment and backwards thinking, as well.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm sure he learned a whole lot about a whole lot as this 70 page witch hunt proves. I bet you barely get a page or two about his good deeds though.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Uhh, I don't believe this is true. I know that Panther's (former) owner Jerry Richardson donated $100K to pay for the funerals http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...hers-pay-funerals-9-victims-article-1.2265210. There was also $2.5M in a memorial fund of which $300K was used to pay funeral expenses for the victims with the rest going to the church where it was to be distributed to the victims families. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charle...ceive-2-5-million-dollars-from-memorial-fund/. Something isn't adding up here.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/us/charleston-emanuel-church-memorial.html

10. Champs

Champs Member

You stand corrected.

11. Fantasma Negro

DEANDRE HOPKINSI 'FELT LIKE A SLAVE'After Late Texans Owner's Comments

[​IMG]
    https://www.gq.com/story/deandre-hopkins-nfl-best-receiver-dresser

Fulgore likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

In other words he was saying DW4 is the only real qb he’s ever had and I agree.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This was the dumbest ****ing thing ever. Dude butchered a common idiom and people started jumping through hoops to make it "racist".

pantherheat1022 and ipaman like this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

16. conquistador#11

Uh oh.
    (Hoodie and Brady call billy on a three way call out of the blue)

Hoodie : " Billy, Hopkins just questioned your ability to evaluate qbs. It's unacceptable. All Hopkins has to do is do his job and be a good teammate. Are you going to take that?"
    Brady: "Did you get a batch of my homemade celery and papaya Ice cream, Billy? "
    (Billy gets upset and begins to boil over)
    Hoodie: "Here is what I'm thinking. We'll give you a fourth rounder and you'll pay half his signing bonus. Does that sound good?"
    Billy: "Perfect. I'm slowly bringing the Patriots way to Houston. Up for dinner, guys?
    Brady: "I'm having my face exfoliated."
    Hoodie: " I have a meeting with the press. Can't do it. Best of luck."

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

BOB just stfu. Worst thing to say. Texans bout to really be looked at as the Utah Jazz now. Don't look back... easy for lots to say that benefitted off of slavery in the past to be where they are today. BOB opening up another can of worms when he simply could have shut his f'in mouth.

Fulgore likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bob reminds me of Paula Dean and their idea of what the social order should be.

The idea that they would all grow old and disappear was a promise nobody made

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sad that all this mess started over a terrible choice of words. Its almost as messed up for Hopkins to relate it to feeling like a slave though too. Slaves had no life, and endured an unthinkable torture. I can't even imagine that kind of helplessness, fear, pain and suffering. I will never understand how any human being could treat another that way. Its horrendous to even think that

For Hopkins to say he felt like a slave is such a warped sense of reality to me. Hopkins is a wealthy man, who isn't chained and shackled, beat down, living in poverty, and working in unbearable conditions every day of his life.

He has a choice to stay or leave. He can live a life of luxury, making the millions the NFL pays him for catching a ball, as well the additional millions from endorsements.

Get real dude! Don't even put yourself in that category.

pantherheat1022 and DBrunk01 like this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

White people telling black people how they should feel always goes down well.

Brando2101, Hey Now!, liveguy and 2 others like this.