1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Their value has little to nothing to do with the awful fans I'm talking about. It has to do with the Stadium they were built and the sponsorship they were able to get for themselves. When you have a team that has won their division in 4 out of the last 7 years that just picked up a franchise QB, only the worst of fans would be whining and b****ing about the direction of the team....but there's a lot of terrible fans in Houston.

Houston having terrible fans isn't a new thing BTW. I mean, even if you look past the fact that they previously ran an NFL team out of the 4th largest city in the country, just look at almost every Rockets game. You have the best team in the league and people still can't show up on time. Look at the Astros, before they won the WS, they were having to basically give tickets away just to get people to go see them play.

This has always been a city of awful fair weather fans.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haven't you been whining and b****ing about the direction of the team when you rant about the coach not knowing what he's doing?

o_O

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. justtxyank

Before this season Bobby hated the GM, thought we had a coach who was an idiot and we drafted a QB who should be a RB or WR. We had won the division 4 out of the last 6 years.

After the season we have the same coach, the same quarterback and a new GM but had an awful season and have won the division 4 out of the last 7 years. NOW Bobby thinks only awful fans would complain about the direction of the team.

What's different? Oh that's right, suddenly the team is involved in the race discussions of our time and there's a bright line for Bobby to stand on one side of.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not the direction of the team, just the coach. If the team was going in the wrong direction, it wouldn't matter who was coaching them. If the defense is healthy and Watson plays anywhere near the level he was playing at last season, the Texans are SB contenders on paper. I'd hate for BOB's bad coaching to prevent that from happening.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Bobby stop being a little emo b****.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Man, you just can't help yourself when it comes to misrepresenting my opinions can you?

Oh well, you've already killed any credibility you might have had, and I'm pretty sure you are dead set on continuing to misrepresent my opinions so I guess I should just ignore you. It's pretty pathetic honestly.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL is that what you took from this? Me calling out awful fans for being awful fans isn't "emo", there's nothing emotional about it. It's just how it is.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I would slap Uncle Bob, the kneelers, and all of you if I could. Do you like sports, do you like football?!? If yes, well then get a grip, all of you. If no, what the hell are you doing in here, gtfo!

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We should take a moment to reflect on what a glorious crapshow this franchise is.

-The owner immediately demands more revenue for big markets as soon as the franchise begins
    -He hires a GM who is so bad that the GM is never hired to make a football decision again
    -He fires a head coach who almost immediately wins a Super Bowl for another team
    -Puts huge trust in a GM who backs the brinks truck up for Brock Osweiler
    -Hires a QB guru who tells everyone Mallet and Hoyer are good QBs and who is also an offensive genius but can't the offense out of the bottom 10 in 4 years (by dvoa)
    -Starts to make bizarre political statements while the team is in free agency

Crennel and a few star players are keeping this thing afloat for now.

I mean everyone agrees that if Deshaun gets hurt, we should just give up. Even last year it was acceptable to lose to the Colts without Luck because Watson got hurt.

#1289 Mr. Clutch, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Invisible Fan and CometsWin like this.
  10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I watched the Astros when they had 0.1 television ratings...

macho GRANDE, adw and houstonstime like this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

True. But some good things have come out of this franchise:

Brought football back to the city of Houston
    Beat the Cowboys 19-10
    Drafted Andre Johnson
    Drafted Duane Brown
    Hired Kubiak, who has an offense that works
    Hired Wade Philips who has a defense that works
    Signed Arian as an UDFA
    Drafted JJ Watt, arguably the best defensive player of his time
    Bounced back from 2-14 with a 9-7 campaign
    Division champs 11, 12, 15, and 16
    Traded Duane Brown for 2nd and 3rd round picks when they could have just cut him
    Various philanthropic and activism efforts from players like Watt, Brown, Mercilus, Cushing, etc.

houstonstime likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good. I'm obviously not talking about everyone, but you know the type of fan I'm talking about. There's a reason why they had 0.1 TV ratings and why in 2012 they couldn't even manage to sell 20k tickets to home games. It's a fair weather town. It's just how it is. The fact that there are still some really good fans here is a great thing, but I don't think we can let that fact blind us to the nature of the rest of the fans in this market.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

EVERY town is a fair weather town. However, when you take into consideration just how expensive it is to be a fan these days - what with the ticket costs, parking, high prices at the stadium and let's not talk about the prices for NFL team gear - then the fact that the Texans are sold out each Sunday and have a waiting list for season tickets sort of renders your tirade against those who are tired of watching "Houston Oilers - Reborn" moot. From where I stand, Bigot Bob needs to STFU and take his tired old Trump ass kissing somewhere else until this organization pulls their collective heads out of their collective asses and does something significant on the field like, you know, win. Until that happens, Bob is no better than that other POS Bud Adams as far as I'm concerned.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To some extent "every town is a fair weather town", but Houston is pretty extreme that way.

On top of that, the "Bigot Bob" nonsense kills your credibility when discussing this issue. He hasn't said or done anything bigoted whatsoever so there's absolutely no rational reason to accuse him of that.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

My favorite part of the article is McNair's flaccid & incredibly insulting attempt to blame us - the dumb public - for having never heard the inmates/prison expression, "In business, it's a common expression. But the general public doesn't understand it, perhaps."

Bob, stop trying to make "the inmates run the prison" happen. It's not happening.
    [​IMG]

REEKO_HTOWN, vinsensual, Nook and 6 others like this.
  16. Major

Major Member

You can't shut him up, but putting him on Ignore makes this forum far more readable (and confusing, when half the posts are responding to him).

Oh, you meant the other old senile fart...

17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

18. justtxyank

Owen is just another SJW, race traitor sellout who'd say anything to promote his communist/antifa/black lives matter agenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Clutch needs to stop letting the inmates run the prison around here.

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Racist Bob taking legal advice from his kiddo Bobby Jr. now.

[​IMG]