1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Sherman showing his ignorance by mentioning EQUALITY. This wasn't racist, so don't make it out to be something it isn't. I think the comment was wrong, but racist it was not.

ipaman and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Let me guess, you think Donald Sterling should still own the Clippers.

Sometimes doing what you believe is the right thing will cost you a lot of money.

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

maybe he'll be forced into selling the team!

roxallways and RasaqBoi like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Reactions like this and yours are what destroys awareness to real problems and real racism. Let's ignore the real victims that live terrible lives each and everyday and instead come to the rescue of millionaire, over sensitive, crybabies.

5. ipaman

Wrong guess b****, try again!

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The many interpretations of what Bob McNair said, especially those interpretations that suggest racism, say more about the person interpreting the comment than they do about the person that said the comment.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Can't let million dollar athletes screw up golden goose.

McNair is right. Instead of protesting use your money to help your community

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This would be great. Worse owner by far in the city.

juanm34 and Jturbofuel like this.
  9. ipaman

you're right that's really bad. good thing that never happened.

10. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Bob might not be racist, BUT he's extremely out of touch & callous. Also to the posters that claim he hired a black GM & use that to dismiss his comments, Donald Sterling had a black man coaching his team, didn't stop him from being a racist. Also yeah donating to Trump's campaign might not make you a racist/bigot but it at the very least make you complicit to it. When groups like the KKK, Neo Nazis, White nationalists openly support a man that also has openly bigoted rhetoric, when scumbags & loonies like Richard Spencer, David Duke, & Alex Jones sing your praises then obviously that is not a coincidence. Don't give me that "Oh but he's going to take care of the working class BS" cuz we all know that is a steaming pile of horseshit.

roxallways likes this.
  11. The Stig

The Stig Member

No, because someone in this country would suggest either you are insinuating that NFL players are cowards or that you use chickens because majority of the players like KFC or something.

What a world we live in now a days. :confused:

ipaman likes this.
  12. ipaman

People are stupid and say stupid things?!?! OMG!!, the horror!!! Whose feelings were hurt and how do we fix them. We can't wait, time is precious.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I've heard this saying so many times in my life. Only in this situation would someone have to go and apologize for saying it.

pgabriel, Nimo, ipaman and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can bet that someone would spin the comments like that. Let's face it, if they'll spin these comments into something offensive, there's no limit to the ridiculousness.

The Stig likes this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The charitable interpretation is that Bob just used a common idiom without thinking-- like the "chink in the armor" thing with Jeremy Lin maybe. Better than being intentionally racist, but he would have to be REALLY out of touch and maybe even senile to not think about the implications of using this idiom in this context.

red5rocket and roxallways like this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Remember when Steven Adams was being interview about how hard it was to guard the Warriors. "They are so fast, little monkeys running around" that got put on blast for calling them monkeys.. I thought that was ridiculous, he obviously didnt mean it that way. I think somewhat same here. VERY poor choice of words given the circumstances but it is just an expression that the workers can't start making all the rules. I'd rather not be called a racist because this is what I think, but who knows these days.

red5rocket likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

NO one can say that McNair is or isn't racist. We can only judge by his actions to determine whether it's likely that he is racist.
    If you actually paid attention to my own words I never definitively said that McNair was racist. I said that donating to the Trump campaign increases the likelihood that McNair is racist. Just like him making this comment also increases the likelihood. Trump is a guy that KKK members and white supremacist groups look up to.

18. ipaman

Did you just say "now a days"?!?!... What do you mean by "now a days"? You think your days are better than my days? You think not all days are equal? I demand an apology that I won't accept because I really don't need to. You've exposed yourself and proven what I already know. Don't be mad at me, you said it not me. You made me grab my torch and pitchfork, I didn't want too. Yes I had it ready at a moments notice but you made me do it.

19. ipaman

You support a team owned by what you suspect is a racist. Shame on you!

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Wait so according to Draymond we have to call them Chairman now because Owner makes it sound like they OWN them? He literally owns the team, don't twist it into owning people. I really don't like what Bob said, it was dumb, but geez the responses are almost just as bad if not worse.

ipaman likes this.