1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden v Sanders debate thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tmoney1101, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Your opinion doesn't matter. Stop trying to prop up Bernie. You are afraid on Biden winning.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

A freeze is essentially a cut due to ceasing to match inflation.

Again, rationalize it how you want.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bernie gets to benefit from basically never accomplishing anything because he's never had to make tough compromises.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Fair argument.

I think it speaks to one's values, which is Bernie's point, he's never been for cutting those essential programs. Then Biden lying is also not good.

Nook likes this.
  5. justtxyank

These types of arguments aren't even worth addressing anymore. Biden wasn't propped up by anyone and the primaries haven't been rigged.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Trader_Jorge is definitely one of the greatest trolls on D&D. As a former troll, I tip my cap to him.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Again and again Bernie made accusations about Joe Biden that were taken out of context, and Bernie knew it. You simply don't understand how the government works. In a Congress dominated by another party, you frequently have to compromise to get amendments passed that lessen the impact of a bill you are against. The price is very often a requirement that you vote for that bill. Sanders was an independent. An independent who got little done, but was free to cast plenty of "no" votes. I was a grownup back in the '80's and '90's. Were you?

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and jcf like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

I just listened to the Anderson Cooper interview with Sanders.... doesn’t sound like he is giving up any time soon and sounds like he still thinks he can win.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sad post Deck.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Exactly.... you can rationalize how you want and that is what Bernie did....

Don't try to change history with a snippett..

T_Man

AleksandarN likes this.
  11. justtxyank

He once again repeated the idea that he is going to increase crazy turnout numbers.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bernie's smart, I'm sure he knows he can't win at this point. I'm sure Bernie wants to make his case in another debate, wants to use his support as leverage to get Joe to adopt more policies before dropping out. Joe's adoption of a more progressive college plan today was nice.

Nook likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And you wonder why everyone suspects you are a Trump supporters

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

A freeze is a cut. If inflation is 2% a year and you freeze the inflation increase you just made a 2% cut.

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This stated it best... Go read and learn what we lived thru... Read EVERYTHING... Not just one sentence....

Did you even read the link to the fact checker?

T_Man

RayRay10 and jcf like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Yes... and I believe I heard him make reference to rigged/fixed elections. I think the point that he has shifted Biden left by Cooper was good but Sanders wanted no part of that. I also would like to know where he got the number 50 trillion dollars for Biden’s healthcare plan.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Responding to sad posts, Nick. As I said, Bernie was taking things out of context, and he knew he was taking them out of context. Bernie knows how Congress operates. Actually read my post. It's easy to take a snippet of video and attempt to make it mean something it really doesn't if the context is not provided. Politicians do it all the time, and Bernie is a politician, believe it or not.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Against all evidence. Interesting!

RayRay10, Nook, Invisible Fan and 2 others like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's not out of context, perhaps you're okay with cuts to SS and Medicaid as a political bargaining tool against an opposition party, I'm against that, most Dems have historically been against that, it's something that's usually off the table, for Joe it wasn't. It's not a snippet, I'm not confused on the circumstances, I'm aware of the position Joe was taking.

20. justtxyank

There's no question that he energizes a lot of young people, but all of the facts in two elections show that he does not spike turnout. It's one thing for him to believe it will happen, but how can his supporters continue to buy this?

Nook likes this.