1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BETA Sign-Up] Movie Pass Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCAhmed, Jan 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Is it safe to say you are a movie enthusiast?

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Lol, I'd say so :grin:

I get it from my parents, who to this day even at 65+ years old, still go watch movies, often

3. VanityHalfBlack

You're not a movie enthusiast until you have this at your house?

[​IMG]

4. Dave2000

[​IMG]

It's not as big as it used to be, kinda of stopped buying after the whole digital download options and traded in a bunch of them for the Best Buy's upgrade and save promotions, traded in probably around 25 of them already

my money went through buying jerseys and DVDs once I started college in the early 2000s

btw, nice setup, something I'll probably do when I get my own house

5. VanityHalfBlack

You got a pretty nice setup yourself.. This isn't my photo by the way/ just some random one I found on google and there actually are others who are just as big of a movie enthusiast as us.. I have like 2 book shelf filled with dvd/bluray and I have the netflix instant in case I don't want to spend any on buying... Now with the movie pass/ I get to see everything...

6. LCAhmed

my movie collection is digital......

7. Dave2000

Thanks, its kind off messy actually, you'll even see some HD-DVDs in there :)

Loving the moviepass so far, 4 movies seen this week, even let my dad use it one of the days

8. LCAhmed

UPDATE: New Movie Pass App available for Android Phones. Downloading now, might test out tonight

9. Dave2000

test it out last night, its exactly like the mobile site, just in its own app

I also ran into my first hiccup. Looks like they may have fixed the GPS issue, I wasn't able to check in from my house, got to the theater, still wasn't able to check in, said I still wasn't within my 100 yards from the theater, yet Google Maps says I'm smack in the middle of it. Called the 800 number, waited maybe 2 mins to speak to someone, they asked theater, movie, and time, they loaded the funds automatically, and was able to get my ticket. Hope that doesn't become a common occurrence.

also, another FYI, asked someone on their chat support if a midnight counts the day you watch it, or the following day, and they said for that day. So if I watch Identity Theft tonight at midnight, it will count as a Thursday showing and I can still watch a movie Friday.

1 person likes this.
  10. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

When i livef with my sister we would go to the movies almost every weekend now that i live by myself i dont hardly go anymore :-(

11. Dave2000

couldn't check in again at First Colony for a midnight showing of Identity Theft, I really don't hope I have to call in every time I want to see a movie....

on the good side though, the person over the phone that checked me in, for some reason checked me in for Forrest Gump, at least thats what showing in my Viewing History, so they gives me the option to watch it again.

#71 Dave2000, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  12. VanityHalfBlack

Anyone doing the Die Hard marathon at noon today??? I'm gonna try and see if I can use my movie pass credit card, doubt it would work but will see... I'm probably gonna just stay for Die Hard 1-3 and skip 4 and then come back to 5 later.. It's $25 for the marathon, DAMN for something I've seen a billion times already!

13. Dave2000

If I didn't have my private access to Jam Session tonight, I would've done it. I'm catching 5 tonight, if not, tomorrow morning for sure.

14. Dave2000

bump, hit my 1 month anniversary on 2/26

checked in 22 movies, watched

Last Stand
    Warm Bodies
    Bullet to the Head
    The Impossible
    Broken City
    Identity Theft
    Side Effects
    Parker
    A Good Day to Die Hard
    Snitch

the other 12 was "fake checkins", 6 for my parents, 4 for friends, and 2 where I checked in to not waste that day, got a ticket for the following day, but didn't end up going.

can say that I got my first months worth. Just wish they pump out more crappy movies for my "fake" check ins to get other tickets. The multiplex theaters that have 20+ theaters help (AMC First Colony, AMC Gulf Pointe, Edwards) since they have older movies, foreign, independent movies to check in

worth it so far....

also, good tip from Miguel, for those who want to check in before getting to the theater and not waste time when unable to check in, for Android users, use the app "Fake GPS" and you'll be able to check in from anywhere, just have to get the ticket within 30 mins

15. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Anyone familiar with AMC stubs membership? Thinking about trying to use my card to pay for the $12 membership cost.

16. Dave2000

Its basically a rewards card where u get 10% back ($10 AMC credit) for every $100 from tickets and concession purchases, no limit on how much u can use it in a day. I think it's worth it, had it the past 2 years.

17. VanityHalfBlack

I need to catch up haven't been to a movie since Silver Lining playbook and that was about a month ago. What's out, oh right absolutely nothing..

18. LCAhmed

Dark Skies
    Oz
    21 and over
    The last exorcism 2
    Side Effects (really good!)

19. Dave2000

caught Dead Man Down at midnight, good thriller, kind of slow paced, but solid. Thought Side Effects was better tho.

20. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Thanks, I used the card to pay for it. $11 was charged on the card and i paid the $1 difference.