1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best to avoid area of Interstate 270 in Ohio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dark Rhino, Nov 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

More weirdness...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104262,00.html
    Reports Say More Cars Shot at on Ohio Highway

Thursday, November 27, 2003

COLUMBUS, Ohio — More people have reported shots possibly being fired at vehicles along the same stretch of highway where a woman was killed when a bullet penetrated a car door, including one shooting confirmed by authorities Thursday.

Authorities were investigating 10 shootings on or near a stretch of Interstate 270, the highway that circles Columbus, said Franklin County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Steve Martin.

Extra police were sent to patrol the area Thursday.

The first shooting was reported in May and others had come in the past 6 weeks in the area just south of Columbus. Tuesday's killing of Gail Knisley (search), 62, made a total of nine.

Since the killing, Martin said Thursday, several other people have reported that their vehicles may have been hit by bullets along I-270.

Martin said the latest confirmed report involved a woman who got a flat tire Oct. 10 while driving near the interstate. She was told the tire had been shot when she got it replaced, he said. She did not file a report with police.

Martin said authorities don't know yet have any definite physical evidence to show that all the cases are linked and said he is "not ready" to say if the shots have been fired by a sniper.

The sparsely populated area includes woods frequented by hunters and people practicing target shooting, along with industrial sites and some suburban neighborhoods.

Martin would not speculate on the type of weapon used.

2. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

That's messed up.
    I'll take that into consideration should I ever go to Ohio.

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

It's near my house but not a route I travel daily. I did travel there both Thursday morning and this evening going home for Thanksgiving. Lots of open filed where a person could hide, kinda freeky.

Screwed up thing is until the woman got killed the police ignored everything. One cop dug a bullet out of a car last week and gave the bullet back to teh lady who got hit. Then after the lady was killed the cop called the first lady to see if she kept the bullet.

I know the CPD is not nearly as bad a sother large cities where there is more racist suspicions, but out police department has to be about the dumbest around.