1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best NFL game for XBOX??

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Drewdog, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Ok I finally broke down and got an XBOX on ebay for $120.

Ok there are like 6 NFL games for XBOX and I was wondering before I go and spend $50 some odd dollars on a game, which one is the best for game play.... whatever....

thanks
    Dd

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You should buy your game used also.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Reviews

If you like realistic play and the simulation aspect, you've got Madden '04 and ESPN. I'm biased towards Madden, so of course that's what I'll recommend. I've played the previous versions of ESPN (formerly the Sega 2k series) and didn't like them quite as much. Madden also has the new owner mode...lets you take control of just about every aspect of you franchise if you like that kinda stuff.

If you want arcade football, go with Blitz. But...you'll probably play Madden a lot longer than you play a game like Blitz. I also just got an xbox after giving up on my gamecube. If there is a Hastings near you, see if they have it used and save 10 bucks.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

madden 2004 is best football game, ever. David Carr throws for about 500 yards, and it would take a miracle for AJ not to get ROY. ;)

5. Man

Man Contributing Member

www.gamespot.com

they say espn football is better than madden. but on ps2 madden is better.

id go with madden.

6. red

red Contributing Member

dont listen to any of these guys...go with sega sports.

you can go to blockuster rent both and see which one you like.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

there's really only two worth mentioning, espn or madden. i prefer madden but both have their good points.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Madden and ESPN (2K4) are both great sim games, you can not go wrong with either. If you are going to have XBox Live, I HIGHLY recommend getting NFL Fever 2004. Its a mixture of Sim and Arcade gameplay, and is great to play on Live.

9. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Madden 2004

I've been playing the crap out of it.

My only problem with it is that the PS2 has a sweeeeeet online setup, let's you play others and is FREE.

XBOX has that sorry a$$ NFL Fever that you can play online and you have to get XBOX Live.....

10. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

ESPN NFL hands down.