1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best NBA League Pass Viewing Experience?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by harold bingo, Nov 27, 2020.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I recently switched to Grande for my internet and tv, and coming up on the season I realize they unfortunately don’t offer league pass. I used to have league pass through spectrum, which meant I got all the channels. I know that you can get league pass straight through the nba and stream all the games - I’ve done this before, I think back in 2017. The problem is that the experience was terrible. I want to watch the games on my TV, I don’t want them to freeze or crash or lag. Back when I had this I tried to use the ps4 nba app and it was terrible (crashed buffered and froze often), same with the android TV app.

So my question for everyone who has experience with this, what’s the best option? Has anyone had a good experience streaming league pass games on their tv without any disconnect/freezing/buffering/lag issues? Is the android tv app improved? Xbox or ps5 nba app? Or maybe I could buy a chromecast and stream it from my laptop? Or maybe some other option I havent mentioned? I’d rather not deal with the chore of finding illegal streams, not concerned with spending money.

TLDR: I want to watch every rocket game on my tv and I don’t want to deal with any bullshit.

I wasn’t sure if I should put this in the GARM, or somewhere else, mods can feel free to move it somewhere else if needed.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Grande looks like you will have very fast internet. I wouldn’t worry about NBALP being choppy or lagging at the speeds you probably are purchasing. But I’m talking about watching on my computer

As for TV, Grand subscribers still have another option (since you said you’re not concerned about spending money).
    1. Grande offers the TiVo Stream 4K device
    2. With that you can stream Amazon Prime Video (for free if a member)
    3. And with Prime you can subscribe to NBALP, and show it on your TV via Grande’s TiVo device
    make sense?

really sucks Grande offers NFL Red Zone and MLB Strikezone, but not NBALP

#2 heypartner, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I used to get league pass every year, but then had all these issues with them. Their technology at times and at others the blackouts. So I started watching those buff streams thinking - hey - I am paying for the stupid service, and yet I have to go on these pirated streams?

I really can't stand LP. It's terribly run.

don grahamleone and harold bingo like this.
  4. harold bingo

Supporting Member

That’s how I felt. The user experience is so terrible, unless you can actually get the channels on your tv. All the streaming options sucked.

5. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Didn’t know I could get it through prime, I do have Amazon prime. And the speed is gigabit down so that won’t be an issue. Thanks for this, I’ll check it out for sure. Appreciate it.

6. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I tried nba league pass and tv and with vpns... none worked... my best option was using sling tv...

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The NBA could learn a thing or two from MLB Network.

harold bingo likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can't say I really have any issues with streaming. I even had ancient 18 megabit Internet until recently and really never had any major problems that I recall. I switched to Spectrum a few months ago for their 400 megabit speeds and still no issues.

Several years ago, I used to get it through AT&T, but gave up on cable companies and, like I said, just get Spectrum Internet and go the YouTube TV and Philo route, and then get the NBA League Pass broadband and watch on tv via Roku and on my iPad via the app.

My only issue is that it seems to get more and more expensive every year. I used to watch all the games. Now I just watch the Rockets, and even that subscription is about what I used to pay for League Pass for all teams.

#8 Dr of Dunk, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    harold bingo likes this.