1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BBALLBREAKDOWN] Meet the ONLY team that can beat the Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Dec 14, 2017.

1. basketballholic

I'm not acting like that. I realize that nothing I can say will prove anything to you about Rubio. That's why I don't bother and I don't care what you think of my opinion. Because I can tell from your comments that you only see the top layer of the game.

I stated over a year ago that we were not going to win a championship without adding a primary playmaker to our top 7 and it had to be a guy that was a better passer, and more efficient distributor than Harden to make this team multi-dimensional offensively and more efficient on both ends by knocking Hardens bad turnovers down while creating Harden easier catch looks that would increase Hardens offensive efficiency even more.

You guys keep talking about what a great shooter Paul is. But that's the least important part of his game. The two most important parts of Paul's game are his playmaking and his defense. He could go the whole game without taking a single shot and we'd still blow everybody out with his assist count climbing to the 14-15 range and him getting double figure points at the FT line alone if he wasn't concerned about preserving his body down low.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Little did we know that, a little over a year ago, just 13 months later, we would have posted the 10th greatest offense of all time and then currently have the #1 offense of all time, so yea, basically invalidating your terrible proclamation.

D-rock likes this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

Everybody has a clue. The guy just sucks. I'd take Patrick Beverley back before I'd take Rubio

FANfrom86toNow and bulkatron like this.
  4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

OMG @basketballholic is still arguing that Rubio is a good fit for our team? He has been decidedly below average and has basically lost his role to a rookie and Alec Burks, who is ballin.

And Capela has been one of the most efficient centers on the year.

Those opinions should stay back in 2015 when they were slightly more relevant.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  5. basketballholic

I didn't bring Rubio up. But I will defend him (not a pun) when I read posters that don't have a clue why he's in the NBA and say he sucks.....especially those that pumped Terrence Jones at us ad nauseam.

Let's hope that if Capela is still here after the deadline that he holds up well in the playoffs.

If you don't want to talk about Rubio don't bring him up.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I don't know who brought Rubio up but he's long past the point where he could run a championship-caliber offense. He's not had a particularly good season in Utah so far.

7. basketballholic

False.

True

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

It really sucks that some guy here doesn’t have his own Z league team to prove he’s a good bball philosopher. Would be utterly entertaining to say the least.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

What if _Holic is actually Morey, posting here for fun while eating his double-cheese burger :)

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think until you show that he can run even a playoff caliber offense with that horrendous shooting of his, the burden of proof is on you and not me. Maybe this is the season a part-time Rubio-run offense can even crack the playoffs?

D-rock likes this.
  11. basketballholic

I realize that you cannot see anything until it actually happens. No problem.

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

To further add to your point, CP3 is one of the best shooting PGs of all time. That is what makes all of the things he does as a floor general so deadly. There is no weakness, there is no answer. His shooting has to be respected or he'll put up 30 pts QUICKLY and still get 15 asts. If he could score 8 and get 25 asts he'd do it in a heartbeat. His attacking style reminds me a lot of prime KJ and he is far superior. I will go ahead and admit he has been my favorite player since he was drafted. I loved Harden in OKC because I saw a lot of that in him when the offense was flat with the ISO game. I watched CP3 on NOLA make the Spurs look old and they won the title. I loved early Stockton and he was one of my favorite PGs but I think CP3 is the GOAT. I am still stunned how people thought CP3 wouldn't be great on this team. He is probably the highest IQ and efficient player I have ever seen. He destroys defenses. His game is so much more deadly here because dumbf**k Blake and DAJ aren't clogging the lane. That is why he dribbled so damn much before. No wonder he thinks he died and went to BBALL heaven.

IMO Rubio has regressed on his other skills, like Rondo, because after some time if you can't shoot you just cannot overcome how significant that is to everything you do as a player. I would compare Ball to him but Ball is far worse. Broken, irreparable shot, no defense, can't shoot free throws, can't finish, timid. Rubio excited because he had the intangibles and all of the other skills but just couldn't shoot. At some point, things become etched in stone.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rubio cant even win eurobasket let alone NBA

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll watch this video only if we make it far enough to challenge the Warriors in the playoffs. I'm taking nothing for granted at this moment.

15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I feel INSULTED and DUMBER for having read this illogical crap of SHEEEEEETTT! :(:mad:

Not even worth counter arguing. :confused:o_O

ApacheWarrior and hakeem94 like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

and as a 3 pt shooting threat. Take notes @basketballholic

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Right .. . . . .
    These instant narratives to disparage Harden is crazy

Rocket River