1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BBALLBREAKDOWN] Did the refs wrong The Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by {icebox425}, May 30, 2018.

1. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I can't watch, my heart is still in the gutter over that loss.

3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Sorry, he is wrong on the moving screen (which happened twice and no calls) and the Gordon drive.

The defender from behind clearly fouled him before going up, and then from behind crushing him into the legal leaping defender, and then swatting him on the wrist.

On the moving screens, did Harden hold and keep going back? Maybe... but in the end, the initial foul was when the defender squatted and began moving backwards before contact was made. THAT is a foul on a moving screen, and was clear as day.

A lot was left off of this video, but it doesn't even matter now.

napalm06, mdoggnic, juanm34 and 8 others like this.
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I have no respect for this ref after he claims the hack job on Gordon by Green was not a foul. Hes too old to do the job like most nba refs. This is also not a hard call to make.

I also hate that this ref admonishes embellishing getting fouled. He keeps blaming Harden for it. you should embellish getting fouled. let the ref know you were fouled. This ref already indicted he's blind by him missing the foul on Green.

#4 tallanvor, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    waytookrzy079 likes this.
  5. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Basically Ronnie agrees all of them should have been whistles - he disagrees that all were 3FTA as Harden "didn't have both hands on the ball". From the video it looks as though he did though.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, I can’t either...I’ll become pissed off seeing those fouls again

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i had to read the replies before deciding to watch. it sounds like he doesn't think things were fouls when i know they were so i'm gonna save my time and blood pressure and skip this video.

D-rock, ROXTXIA, napalm06 and 5 others like this.
  8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

You can tell from teh very first review that this guy will be bias in favor of the refs. he makes an excuse for them 'I think the ref may have looked away and missed it'. looked away at what? there is nothing else going on in the play and you can see in the video he doesn't look away.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Good call. I watched even though I knew better, and now I wanna punch something.

napalm06, B-Bob and waytookrzy079 like this.
  10. Mr. Space City

turned it off after nunn said, if harden came down normally after bell tried to zaza him, he woulda got the call.

harden tried to save his ****ing ankles because a guy tried to undercut him on a jumpshot.

D-rock, B-Bob, bro2044 and 5 others like this.
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah exactly what i wanted to avoid!

12. Yaaz y2k

Yaaz y2k Member

nba is rigged thats it ...its all setup to bring in lebron ...**** nba and we dont even want lebron the joke here

13. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

This fookin guy

They're trying to sweep it under the rug

14. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Bias. Refs should not be one sided. You call it consistently on both sides, especially if the team has home court

Boney Garcia likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Retired ref protecting current refs by spewing horseshit out of his mouth.

Boney Garcia and waytookrzy079 like this.
  16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I unfortunately watched this crap against my better judgement. I'm pissed off again.

cheke64 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Before I go back into sulking lurking, I think the video is fair. Even Coach Nick, who is a GSW fan, was surprised Ronnie agreed with some of our gripes. I've been avoiding everything sports related since the Rockets loss, I clicked this video because I think Ronnie is fair in his assessment of all these kind of videos so I wanted to see his opinion..

Every call in question should have been something, which would have at least broken up the momentum of GSW. They call Harden for foul on Bell's moving screen maybe they don't give Curry that 3.

Back to Netflix.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The concept that . . .. Foul with one hand on the ball is a shooting foul in the paint
    but
    not on the parameter . . .. is just insane

Nunn is a Ref Apologist

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Red Chocolate likes this.
  20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Nah he basically said every play that was shown was some level of a foul. The Gordon drive he said no originally but then coach Nick mentioned the hit on the wrist and he said he couldn't see that but if that's the case it's a fouls. Coach nick indicates he thinks a foul.

Every call!

D-rock, Lawlruschang and smoothie like this.