1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

baseball question

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by sirhangover, Aug 23, 2000.

Tags:
  1. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

they dont drug test do they? i heard that somewhere and i was hoping someone could confirm this...

------------------
    i am rather like a mosquito in a nudist camp..i know what i ought to do but i don't know where to begin...

2. dc sports

dc sports Member

Oh yes they do. Just ask Daryl Strawberry -- a former MVP suspended for multiple failures.

------------------
    Stay Cool...

3. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

i thought he got busted on his own and the baseball suspensions were a result of that...

what i am getting at is do they test for steroids and performance enhancing drugs in MLB?

------------------
    i am rather like a mosquito in a nudist camp..i know what i ought to do but i don't know where to begin...

4. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

No, they do not test for steroids. I read that in the collective bargaining agreement (?), baseball cannot test for steroids without the players' union's approval.

------------------
    Clutch Goons, Inc.

5. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

so it wouldnt be out of line to assume that some players in MLB do steroids...

does that bother anyone?..i think it taints records and anything else as chances are roger maris wasnt shooting up...

talk about juiced balls the real juice is inside these players..

sickening..

------------------