1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Banana boat VS Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fattz, Jan 15, 2018.

1. fattz

fattz Member

The Nets dream of a champions and the banana boat (BB) are to similar for my liking. New ownership and a want for instant gratification. The Nets were even a smarter idea than the BB:
    Net => Celtics were a great championship team with even better chemistry consisting of three of the best players in the world => known proven commodity
    VS
    BB the best players on one team to play together then players will need time to gain chemistry.

The stories will both end the same Father Time WINS & the franchises in shambles, hopeless, paying for years to come => Nets

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t even want the full Banana Boat here...we don’t need Wade and Melo

LBJ/CP3/Harden is the goal

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Could do worse than Wade and Melo for vet minimum contracts :cool:

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

The difference is that KG and Pierce were more done than not, Lebron and Paul are still at their best.

RedRedemption and BigggReddd like this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Don't remember KG, PP, or Allen ever being named best player on the planet.

[​IMG]

And thanks for the not so cleverly disguised "we dun't want lebrunz here" thread.

6. fattz

fattz Member

KG was one of the best in his day. Sure Lebron would be great but time catches all. The point was are stars maybe setting suns. Leaving the franchise much like the Nets have been the last few years. How much of the future are we really willing to risk to make it happen? What will we really have when it is all said and done?

7. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

do you speak the same way you post? incoherent.

RiceRockets likes this.
  8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I don’t think Morey is going to send out all our future unprotected picks......if all it takes is money to go for it no reason not to

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The worst thing about signing Lebron is you have to meet his demands, even Pat Riley (The Don) in Miami tried to appease Lebron and wasted a 1st round pick on Lebron's favorite player in that draft who turned out to be a bust.

Lebron is pretty bad at judging talent, you can say many all-time greats are (MJ for example). Lebron is the same dude who crippled his own chance at winning another ring in Cleveland by telling the Cavs to sign JR Smith and Tristan Thompson to huge terrible contracts. At least Harden never told Morey to give Anderson 20mil/year for 4 years.

If Lebron is gonna come here, I pray to God Morey and Tilman don't fold and let him dictate who we pick up in FA but who am I kidding... Tilman is an NBA noobie when it comes to player management and Morey will probably end up catering to his superstar.

The worst thing that can happen if Lebron comes here, is we lose all our depth and end up paying a bunch of player who don't even fit into the system.

Stormy1234 and fattz like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I agree. You don't fight with age, it's useless. People on the wrong side of the 30's can fall off the cliff athletically and become entirely a shell of their former selves.

We realistically have a 1-2 year window max with Lebron and CP3 and that's without injuries. and then we are screwed for the next 3 years either way. I don't buy that Lebron and CP will be productive players worth their contracts past 35-36, it just doesn't happen.

Mazulis and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah in his day. KG was traded to the Nets in 2013, he then retired in 2016... when he was 39.

I wonder when LeBron reaches the age of 39, he's currently 33? You mind doing the math on that for me?

Billy King is not the same as Daryl Morey and vice versa.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Harsh. But I did have to re-read it 3 times to get the gist of what was happening.

I also have a feeling that everyone is getting old enough that there is now major risk associated with the Banana Boat strategy. 5 years ago - low risk, high reward. Now, major risk, high reward.

MVP4THREE likes this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How many 33 year olds are putting a 30 PER.

RiceRockets and D-rock like this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what does that matter, he will be 34-35 when he starts playing for us. Who can guarantee he will maintain his playing level at that age. One injury at that age is a career ender imo. Look at Hakeem's decline, it was around that age too.

I just don't like gambling against biology, unless Lebron is on PED or something (he might be)

15. fattz

fattz Member

Bobby Brown?

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Kevin Durant crippled LeBron's chance at winning another ring in Cleveland.

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I dont think its fighting biology by signing LeBron, because he already fought biology. The man is the most athletic human ever... Coupled with modern medicine we may see peaks extend out to 34-35 and even longer, ive been saying this about Paul and LeBron for a long time now (prior to even getting Paul) I think those two will be the prime example of how modern medicine can help athletes

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

Bron goes to Miami -> makes demands -> wins 2x championships

Bron goes to Cleveland -> makes demands -> 3 straight finals appearances while winning one

Bron can come to Houston and demand whatever tf he wants as long as we can get that ring. If he wants to change our colorway to pink and purple then so be it. If we wants to replace Clutch the bear with a pink and purple frog then so be it. If he wants Harden to shave his beard then fuggit. You simply don't pass up the opportunity to sign a GOAT just bc he's a high maintenance diva.

topfive and RiceRockets like this.
  19. fattz

fattz Member

Unicorns are not real. Maybe sign both for a year or two but nothing more then go year to year. I am hoping against hope we don’t mortgage to much more of the future on them.

20. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

You’re really going to cast doubt on a top5 all time player? Our chances of a championship skyrocket with him it’s a no brainer.

One trophy is worth a decade in the sewer after, no doubt.

BigggReddd likes this.