1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

bad sign = mack's not talking

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chievous minniefield, Dec 4, 2001.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

obviously, I don't have it on inside authority, but. . .

I think the fact that mack hasn't said anything about who will start the H. bowl is a bad sign for those of us who want Major to start.

think about it.

if you're going to start Major, you say so quickly. that way, all the simms haters shut up.

but if you're going to start simms, you don't want to say that because you know that you'll then have to deal with a month of hearing about it over and over from the pro-Major contingent.

if you're going to start simms, you probably wait as long as you can to announce that.

perhaps I'm jumping the gun. perhaps brown feels that, regardless of who he announces as the starter, he's going to have to hear about it for a month, so he may wait to name the starter whether it's 11 or 1.

just a thought I had today. . .

2. davo

davo Contributing Member

Why would Mack Brown say anything? Just to silence his critics? Best he keep Washington guessing just like everyone else.

Simms will start. There is no other alternative - no need to totally demoralize the guy before his Senior year.

3. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I hadn't thought about the strategic benefits of not saying anything. that's a valid point.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Unfortunately daddy's boy will start- and we all know how that nutless coward plays in big games.

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

The last time Mack wouldn't say who was his starter was last season; we ended up playing both of them. Maybe this time we could rotate QBs every play. :rolleyes:

6. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Hey, if Simms is a nutless coward what does it say for the 50 something coach who keeps playing him.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I wonder what happens if Simms starts and commits another turnover...

I don't think the crowd will cheer.

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

This is a must-win game.

UT's season could be considered a success if they beat UW, and finish 5th or something.

Lose, and you're lucky to be in the top 15.

There is a lot to lose by losing this game.

Mack must decided what is best for the team right now.

I think the answer is obvious.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Mack, the snake-oil salesman is equally nutless.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's never a bad sign if Mack's not talking. I'd love to be rid of his annoying voice.