1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Backs to the Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, May 9, 2019.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The 1995 Champioship team faced insurmountable, almost impossible obstacles -- beating the odds by winning 7 elimination games to eventually be the last man standing.

The current will be facing its 1st elimination game this Friday. If it prevails, the Rockets will have another elimination game likely Sunday.

We talk about the heart of a champion, and I truly don't know if our guys have it in them. We will see soon enough.

If the Rockets eventually beat their long nemesis Worriers, then it may be an achievement in itself because make no mistake -- they are still quite capable of sending our guys fishing even without Durant.

If the Rockets fail this weekend, I think I might be ready to break the team up and start all over. That includes EVERYONE, as long as we get at least equal value in terms of young players and draft picks.

It may seem that I'm kind of throwing the towel, but to be honest, I'm just tired of the same old losing to these ****ers. It may be our best long term solution -- build a strong, lasting team and wait for this Worriers era to end.

Rockets fan since mid 80's until my last breath.

Flame away.o_O

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro it's not happening with this group

3. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

We will indeed see soon enough. I understand your feelings, we unfortunately are living in an era where the warriors are dominating. Although it’s not surprising, they have multiple hall of famers, handfuls of all-stars. To be honest, we are putting up a heck of a fight with far less raw talent. But it’s frustrating to end the season every year the same way, to these bozos. Especially when we have great opportunities.

That all being said, when Durant leaves this summer, this team will become more beatable. Now, other teams are improving and CP3 is obviously not getting any younger, so we definitely need to be looking to add a solid playmaker to the roster.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Let's just say the difference between a Harden and CP3 and a Cassell, Elie, Maxwell, Dream is they would've gotten fired up and went at them once KD went down. Rockets didn't look like they smelled blood, they looked like they had lost a player to injury. The Warriors wanted it more, plain and simple, and that cannot happen.