1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Atlantic Monthly] The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dairy Ashford, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL put her life in danger? Dafuq? Did she put his life in danger by putting him on blast despite him doing nothing wrong? Is it that you think women are just too frail and weak to deal with the consequences of their actions?

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A mob of angry bros on the internet is far more dangerous than a mob of angry feminists.

They will harass her endlessly, including threats of rape and murder.

And without generalizing about all women, I can say with confidence that this lady is more frail and weak than a guy who’s a stand up comic and who’s profession requires him to deal with public scrutiny.

Exiled and B-Bob like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, so you are saying a group of angry radical feminists can't be dangerous because of some notion that women are frail and weak? You are on fire.

I'm sure women everywhere are happy to have a white knight like you protecting them from the consequences of their actions.

DFWRocket likes this.
  4. durvasa

That’s not what I said. I said are men are more dangerous then women. This is statistical fact, but dance around that all you like.

The ironic thing here is that turning this women into a legitimate victim of online harrassment will erode a lot of the sympathy women are feeling towards Ansari in this case.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Looking at it now. . . . Aziz will probably get a boost out of this

Rocket River

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Lots of assumptions.

Not sure if she can't handle it. She might just be perfectly capable and if she thought enough to write in detail to the public, even anonymously, it could also mean she has enough to handle whatever coming her way after being known publicly.

Not sure if there is any angry mob. Maybe. Do people want to really attack her in malicious ways? Having different opinions and being critical isn't malicious. I'm sure there are at least some crazies, but I'm not so sure it's a given that it reaches mob level.

When she did this, she took a known risk that he might go public. It's fair game, whether you agree with her or not.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What a misogynistic view. As a feminist, women can be just as dangerous as men.

8. durvasa

“Can be”.

Do you object to my point that a group of angry men are statistically more likely to make physical threats online than a group of angry women?

I couldn’t care less if “feminists” think it’s sexist for me to point that out. Facts are facts.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Facing the consequences for your actions does not make you a victim....even if you are a fragile little woman. In fact, you treating women as if they are children, is something that should piss off just about any woman that wants to be taken seriously.

In this instance, you have someone actively trying to ruin a pseudo-celebrity's life over the fact that they regretted a consensual sexual encounter. She more than earned the backlash she's receiving....the consequence for trying to unjustifiably ruin another person's life is that people will think you are a sh*tty person and they'll say mean things about you. That's just how it goes.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sure... ignoring tens of thousands of years of evidence... then no problem.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised you'd jump on the "Obviously women are inferior to men" bandwagon.

12. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Good point. I had a neighbor whose baby-daddy recently grabbed her by the neck the day he got out of jail and nearly crushed her windpipe. She nearly died. She still has difficulty swallowing and breathing. Her landlord serves on my HOA with me and I convinced him to let her break the lease so she could hide her and her kids from a sociopath that ignores restraining orders. And yes she called the police and no, nothing happened to him.

Women like "Grace" have histrionic upper-middle-class white girl problems and I want to vomit when they lecture me about "privilege."

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Because I didn't. But you putting words in people's mouths? Not surprising, nor interesting.

14. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

.......and no one is surprised you would twist someone's words to make an argument. Your act is so tired that I am surprised anyone engages you in these discussions anymore.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This is 2018. Get out of here with your facts and science. Women are just as equal as men.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't even agree to buyer's remorse, but even if I did, it's her feeling that is real, not your thought of what her feeling should be.

17. durvasa

When one is willing to ignore “facts and science” they can assert and believe anything.

Like “women commit just as many violent crimes as men” or “women make just as many death/rape threats on social media as men”, etc.

After all, they are “equal” and it’s 2018, so how can it be otherwise?

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Her feelings are her own, but like some people have said, she should've stood up for them sooner and left the place before she degrded herself any further. There were no consequences for doing that, unlike those several #metoo victims.

That's her responsibility and she should be knocked on for it because she's still not claiming responsibility for her continued actions.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Sarcasm meter's off bro.

20. durvasa

I hope so, but judging by his prior comment to me I think not. One usually doesn’t go with sarcasm two posts in a row like that.