1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Staffer's Outburst at Female Reporters Illustrates MLB's Forgive-and-Forget Attitude Toward D

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Pringles09, Oct 21, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL so it is Alyson Footer. Her & McTaggart are trash.

https://twitter.com/search?q=hotline from:alysonfooter&src=typed_query

2. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Facts.

3. dmoneybangbang

Poor response by the Astros but it really doesn't change my opinion of the team. Get ready to lean into the villain role, just like the Rockets.

Gray_Jay, Handles and SooneRockStro like this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

starting to make some sense.

There HAD to be some kind of history between Taubman and the reporter or it makes no sense for the chant or for the chant to be interpreted to be directed at a certain person in particular.

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This is why the SJW reporters cannot be trusted. They could have easily just let this go but decided to try to make it a National story because they hate the Astros for acquiring Osuna. Basically they have free reign to mock Osuna but when they get mocked in return they have to try to get people fired. What a joke.

astros99, jcf, likestohypeguy and 2 others like this.
  6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The reports are that he was directing his comments towards three female reporters. I’ve yet to see the names of all three. That right there tells you something. There is a reason why they don’t want Alyson Footer’s name in this. Because it at least provides context for why he mocked the reporter(s) allegedly. It was immature of him to do it, but if you provide the Alyson Footer context it takes away the narrative that he is mocking domestic violence, and the SJW reporters can’t have that. This is why people have grown to hate the media, because they drum up a mob without all of the facts and context.

Scarface281 likes this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Context makes more sense now. He was inebriated and felt like defending the organizational move of acquiring Osuna to a reporter who had persistently bemoaned it. He was stupid and childish but it doesn’t sound at all like a pro woman beater comment. More like you hate him but I ****ing love that guy. Woman beater aspect not included. Anyways I don’t think that evidence is out yet.

I don’t for a second think this guy approves of domestic violence but he’s going to be painted in that light.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Why would Taubman be saying this after Osuna gave up that homer in the 9th? Seems like he was unnecessarily trying to get under someone's skin.

Taubman isn't doing Osuna or the Astros any favors. Guy seems like a jerk.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

10. raj87

raj87 Member

This Don Jr looking guy could’ve just kept that to himself. Now he’s created a distraction for the players. I don’t care if he stays or goes, but I’m sure the Astros can find someone else.

REEKO_HTOWN, Newlin and whiskeyred like this.
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It was Footer. She constantly posted DV tweets whenever Osuna came into the game. She lost it when the Astros acquired Osuna.

This is why she was "visibly shaken". She's been trying to bring this up constantly and now she got it thrown back in her face.

I actually complained to her about it on Twitter last year because I enjoyed following her and she immediately blocked me. She's definite snowflake material.

These media going after the Astros while intentionally keeping Footer's name anonymous are pathetic.

#311 CometsWin, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  12. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Makes perfect sense now. I am curious what the history between Taubman and Footer is and if there is more than the DV.

BigM likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Come on titty baby Alyson! Don't request anonymity now! Tweet out that hotline number one more time!

Taubman’s ire was toward one particular female reporter, two people with knowledge of the situation told the Chronicle. Taubman had complained about the reporter in multiple passing conversations since the Astros acquired Osuna.

The reporter, who asked for anonymity, frequently wears a purple domestic violence awareness wristband. She posted numbers to domestic violence hotlines and women’s centers on social media every time Osuna entered a game during the 2018 season.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

To be fair, I don’t think Footer has done anything wrong and I have no problem with her tweeting every time Osuna comes out. But this does shed a totally different light on the Taubman story. Doesn’t seem like this has anything to do with domestic violence and is simply a spat between 2 people. In this context it’s non story. But let’s see what else comes out.

SooneRockStro likes this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Requested anonymity like she thinks she's a rape victim. GTFO. You're a piece of work Footer.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Nah the biggest reason this went away was because you can't keep bagging on an international immigrant from Latin America who came into this country to make better money. There were obvious cultural differences. Doesn't fall into the narrative as easily as white men shouting down a white female reporter. Beating a women is pretty much universally unaccepted save for a few countries (mainly in the Middle East).

#316 Scarface281, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    fiersdownbelow and SooneRockStro like this.
  17. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

You don’t say. I’m so shocked.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rendon scares me.

He takes great rips, and makes good contact.

msn and Handles like this.
  20. msn

msn Member

Why are they trash, though? I get that the asking for anonymity is weak, and the blocking people on Twitter is weak. I get the context became a lot more clear -- Taubman is irritated by her position on Osuna acquisition and rubbed it in her face. He needs to understand how stupid that was.

But, how does this make Footer "trash"? And what does Tags have to do with it?

Nobody is trash. Well, rapists, wife-beaters, and molesters might be. But, in general, humans aren't trash.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.