1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros set spring schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by BobFinn*, Dec 2, 2003.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Astros set spring schedule
    By Carrie Muskat / MLB.com

The Houston Astros will tune up for the 2004 season by playing both World Series participants, the Florida Marlins and New York Yankees, in Spring Training.
    The Astros will play their 20th season in Kissimmee, Fla., and will be in action for 29 Spring Training games, including 13 at their home park, Osceola County Stadium.

Houston begins Grapefruit League play on the road in Winter Haven against the Cleveland Indians on March 5.

The Astros' home spring schedule begins March 6 against Atlanta. The home schedule includes games against the Yankees on March 28 and the Marlins on March 31. National League Central Division rival St. Louis visits Kissimmee on March 18.

Of the 13 home games, 10 will begin at 1:05 p.m. ET. The other three will start at 7:05 p.m. ET, including games against the New York Mets on March 10, the Los Angeles Dodgers on March 25, and the Cleveland Indians on March 29.

Individual game tickets for Astros Spring Training games in Florida go on sale Jan. 17 at 10 a.m. ET. Tickets can be purchased in person or by mail through the Osceola County Stadium box office (home games only) or by telephone and in person at Florida Ticketmaster outlets (home and road games).

The stadium box office is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Osceola County Stadium ticket prices are $15 for box seats and $12 for reserved seats.

Credit card purchases can be made by calling Florida Ticketmaster at (407) 839-3900. Mail orders for home games can be sent to Osceola County Stadium, 631 Heritage Park Way, Kissimmee, Fla., 34744. Checks should be made to Osceola County Stadium and include $5 postage and handling for each order.

Two exhibition games are slated for Minute Maid Park April 2-3 against the Kansas City Royals. The April 2 game will begin at 7:05 p.m. CT, while the April 3 game starts at 1:05 p.m. CT

The Astros open the 2004 regular season on April 5 at 6:05 p.m. CT against the San Francisco Giants at Minute Maid Park.

Complete Spring Training schedule:

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASAp...nt_id=610217&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I'm planning a trip to a spring training game in 2006. I have a friend who lives in Valrico (right next to Plant City), and I promised her I would take her 4 yr old daughter to an Astros-Reds game.

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I have always wanted to go to Cocoa Beach...errr...Kissimmee to see the Astros at spring training. One of these years I will actually get down there.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

If the 'Stros don't play the Reds in 2006, then I'll choose a game in Kissimmee and drive over there.

My friend is a single mother, and I made her promise to allow me to introduce some sports into that girls life.