1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Pirates

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 9, 2004.

1. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

hmm..... ya sure this astros.com is the best?

the game just ended according to this thread

but yet gallo hasn't thrown a pitch to wigginton lol

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

is it over?

yes it is :D

3. Willy92683

Willy92683 Member

Astros now 1 game back ot the Giants in the WC race

Tied with the friggin Chicago "Scrubs" though

4. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Someone break down the final outs for me. Man we needed that game.

We need to slay Milwaukee...

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Word!

Sucks that The Brewers are hitting, & we're only hitting so-so.

C'mon, Clemens!

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

well, nothing beats the radio (which is what I was listening to).

But, astros.com was still ahead of espn and cbs sportsline...

Now, lets go ROCK St. Louis.

Honestly, we should win these first two... Clemens vs. Suppan (who we rocked last year), and Hernandez vs. Morris (who has been bad bad bad this year... with a couple of amazing games... he's like a jekyl and hyde).

Of COURSE I'm being optimistic... the Cardinals are right now the best team there is, and they find a way to win no matter what the pitching matchup is...

EDIT: I can't re-emphasize how BIG of a win this was. As long as we're close to Chicago, we're still very much in this thing... especially since we control our own destiny with San Fransisco.

The playoffs essentially start tommorow.... with the next 15 games against St. Louis (6), San Fran (3), and (shudder) Milwaukee (6) .

If we win 10-11 out of that stretch, with at least 2 against San Fran... we'll be in extremely good shape. Ideally, they need to go 8-7 to stay in contention, but if they win all 6 against the Brewers, it makes it all possible.

#206 Nick, Sep 12, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

didn't we sweep the Cardinals this season.....perhaps really early in the season, but IIRC we did seep them.

Let's go Astros! Time to throw it in gear, we can't play like we did in the that last series! Go Stros!

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not sure what Seep is, but sounds like I am for it.

:)

DD

9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Yea, Astros swept them in the first meeting of the series, @STL. (10-5, 5-3, 11-1) Then the Cardinals came to Houston two weeks later and swept the Astros. (3-5, 6-12, 1-2)

I remember having a bad feeling while I was listening to the pregame show for the second meeting. They were talking to LaRussa (I think) and asking him how they felt during the off season when the Cubs and Astros went out and made some big time moves. Also, asking about everyone picking the Cubs and Astros to battle it out for the division. You can tell he did not like the questions. I think he said something like, we're a major league team too.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Terrible Series, but at least we came out with a win...The cards are going to be tough...A must win series...

Go Stros!!!