1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Padres

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 22, 2005.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, this is the team that was playing in May....

:(

2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

This is disgusting to watch. Wild card slipping away.....

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well, the Padres are about to tear this one open.

Bases loaded....AGAIN! 1 out.

4. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Good news: the potentially biggest WC threat, Florida lost
    Bad news: The Mets, Nats won and it looks like Philly will too

5. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

Man this is a joke... How come this guy qualls hit a batter with the base loadeds? look how easy the padres loades the bases...
    Actualy that SOB Qualls hits another batter.... ough :mad:

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Astros 1.5 out of the WC now. The ship is sinking fast.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We've played pretty horribly ever since that last game in Arizona and we're still easily within striking distance. If this team has taught us anything during this season, it's that you never count them out. I can't believe people are making the same mistake twice. Ask our president about that whole fooling thing.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

seriously..houston has the worst fans ever. i used to not believe that. i totally do now.

9. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Amen.

Florida is the scary team. The only saving grace of our current slump is that Florida is slumping at the same time. If Florida was using our recent slide to pull away from us, I'd be concerned because they could be hard to catch.

But we're still ahead of them with only Philly to catch. And Philly will not hold up over the long haul. Hell, I'd bet my sig that Philly doesn't make the playoffs.

Plus, all those NL East teams still play each other a billion times as T Rex pointed out.

Sure, I'd rather have padded the Wild Card lead and not lost it during the homestand. But I'm not pressing the panic button yet -- no matter how disgusted I've been with our recent play.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Holy crap...Here we are in a Wild Card race and still nothing...WTF...Stick a fork in us, we're done...

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't think the ship is sinking, for the simple reason we are in the middle of a serious drought. Show me the water.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Holy crap...here we are in the cellar of the NL Central at 15-30...WTF...Stick a fork in us, we're done...

13. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Gotta take 2 of 3 against the Dojers this weekend to keep pace....

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well, another lost series.

We've gotta take 2 of three in this next series. I still believe in this team, and always will. We sucked last year then you saw what happened.....we sucked this year then you saw what happened.....so we are sucking again, like Phil Garner said:

"Watch out, this is the calm before the storm. All I can say is that a storm is coming. This is the calm, you better watch out when the storm comes."
    ---Garner on FSSW.

15. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

man this sounds like a broken record

we've lost series after series (4 in a row to be exact) and said the same damn thing over and over, "we need to at least win this series or take 2 out of 3"

it hasn't happened in the last 4 series, and even if it does happen this series? big deal, philadelphia is going to pull it together or another wc contender will before we ever do.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We're 15-30 and look like a Little League team. It hasn't happened in the last 45 games. So what if we go on a streak? Big deal, some other team will pull it together before we do.

-Average Houston "fan" after 45 games.

Seriously, why are you even posting here if the outlook's so dreadful. Start paying attention to the Texans or go root for Philadelphia or some other Wild Card contender. MadMax is right, Houston has the worst "fans".

17. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

It ain't over until we are 3 games out with 2 left. Otherwise stfu.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thank you.

Seriously, someone could have just woken up from a three month coma, turned on the radio or read this thread and would think we're 30 games under .500. It's sad.

19. Major

Major Member

Very good point. I think people forget what happened last year. We needed a miracle the last week to get in. Didn't we win 7 straight while both the Cubs and Giants collapsed?

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's why I'm so flabbergasted by the majority of people's responses. After 36-10 last year and storming back from 15-30, I just can't believe how many people are counting them out when they're 1.5 GAMES OUT OF THE WILD CARD!!!

I look at it as we've played so horribly and we're still so close. Baseball is a game of swings and there's still five weeks or so for it to swing back our way.