1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Mets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rocketman95, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I love the spirit!!!! If we win tonight, that's three out of four series won, two of them on the road. The one series lost was to arguably the best team in baseball and if several well-hit balls are centimeters off in that first game, we're going for our fourth straight series win.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The team is playing better and it's nice to see the young guys out there, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. If this team can battle back and end the year as a .500% club that will be an amazing accomplishment. Maybe that will inspire Clemens to stay for another year, and with a quality FA addition we can be right back in the playoff hunt for next season.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I hear ya....and I'm still realistic...but 8 1/2 is 8 1/2 any way you cut it!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin glue.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I hear ya man. This team seems to be finally clicking, I just hate how they follow up a good series with a 1 run loss, even worse....when it's a shutout.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Wow... Eric Bruntlett getting the start in CF since Willy is injured, and Glavine is on the mound.

Also, Burke is playing w/ much more confidence now that he knows he's an everyday player.

EDIT: Just as I type that, he looks like a fool on the base-path by getting picked off on a 3-2 count.

#45 Nick, Jun 9, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  6. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Haha, nice.

Stros score 3 in the 11th. Lidge coming in for the Save

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Man, nice to win an extra inning game!

8. Uprising

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

This team has turned it around!

Great game, great win! Great extra innings! Once again, Cox wasn't showing this game, so I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch it and have some wings and beers. Well, I was not left disapointed. Great game! WHOOO!P! :D :D :D :D

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They're playing a lot better.

10. NJRocket

It seems as though we got it goin on right now. There is a lot of work yet to do...but I like what I am seeing right now! Ensberg seems to have found "it".....I think Lane is getting his confidence back,..and more importantly, he is getting the team's confidence in him back....Everett is doing the little things you need a slap hitter to do...and the bullpen is holding its own(even though wheeler had a small letdown).

I think Wandy gets his first W tonight and we sweep the Jays.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Agreed.

A buddy of mine were talking the other night about how much we really like this team, too. There's not one negative thing I can say about any of the players from a non-baseball standpoint. It makes me root for them even more.

12. NJRocket

fyi - you should be getting mail by monday....i'm sure i will have more extras throughout the summer as well so we will definitely catch a game together...and a few beers!

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Awesome!!! You rock, man!

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Wandy with an RBI! The Jays come over the the NL, don't have to worry about a DH, and then the pitcher gets an RBI. :p Astros up 2 to 1.

15. Uprising

Great job by Wandy there to get out of trouble! WHOOOP!

Let's go Stros! :D

16. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Good win over an underrated Blue Jays team. One thing that has been quietly impressive lately has been our bullpen. Over the past 8 games, our relievers have given up 3 runs in 27 innings. Put that together with our stellar rotation and you've got something to work with, even with our weak offense.

17. Uprising

3 Homers today by the Stros.

The offense is slowly coming around.

Morgan has been great this season, and Lane seems to have his confidence back.

18. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Wow ... Clemens now batting .292 ... pretty amazing from watching his swing at the beginning of last season

Could it be 4 in a row? Now THAT is amazing :)

19. PhiSlammaJamma

We are the first team learning how to play pre-steroid baseball. This cod pay dividends.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Brad Lidge with the blown save. Ouch.