1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Astros Memorabilia/Autographs/baseball cards

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jan 9, 2024.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The list will be updated late March early April. The challenge with TriStar is they want to lock you in as exclusive like Pressly. It’s one of the challenges TriStar had this past show. Overall ticket sells and attendance was down. If it wasn’t for the Texans success, their overall numbers would have been even worse. Once you go exclusive with TriStar, you can’t sign for other shows.

2. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I pulled a signed RC Trey Cabbage card yesterday, but in an Angels uniform.

3. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I'm pretty sure all his RCs will be in an Angels uniform ( just like Dickie Thon) because the trade was too late for any of the 2023 updated sets.

4. Zcat

Zcat Member

I've been trying to post my Game Worn, autograph jerseys on here, but unable. I will keep trying, but my profile pick has Verlander, Bregman, Altuve, Correa, Springer, Biggio

5. Zcat

Zcat Member

[​IMG]

Here is my Alvarez

6. Zcat

Zcat Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Verlander

7. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

When series 2 comes out or series 3, they will update it most likely.

8. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

That's true. These are 2024 cards, not 2023. My bad.

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If you want to invest in Cabbage RC, his current best card is his Golden Mirror image variation SSP. Apparently some of our fellow Stros collectors are buying Topps RC with many sales completed with Buy Now on eBay.

All the Stros from my Diamond Icons from group breaks (4), I hit Stros on every break that I joined. Then I foolishly went to buy 1 more 1 Astros box break and came up empty. Fun of group breaking if you hit, but if you go hitless it can draw you down.

[​IMG]

CheezeyBoy22, dholi_1 and IdStrosfan like this.
  10. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I pulled a elly de la Cruz out of 25 auto. I have that bad boy up on eBay right now.

bloodwings19 and IdStrosfan like this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Sell, sell.... sell. Best time to sell is when it is peaking because you don't want to be current collectors of Wander Franco and Fernando Tatis. Elly prices are similar to Franco and Tatis when they were hot patatoes. Acuna had 1 mediocre year, his card dropped majorly until last year when he had a magic year of 40 HRs and 70 SBs. Sell Elly and buy more Stros.

Speaking of Diamond Icons Astros group break, I saw 5 cases of only 2 Astros shown so I bought into the next team break with competiton (one of the 1st teams to be bought in most cases). I hit Kyle Tucker Purple Ink, Bagwell #5/25 Acetate and Biggio #/5 Auto Jersey. I'm probaly buying the Yordan to have the all Stros signed Diamond Icons. Watching many group breaks, there maybe hatred towards 2017, but collecting/investing Astros are still tops.

12. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I love the look of series 1, but I haven’t been too impressed with what I’ve seen in a lot of breaks.

Yordan’s value has soared over the past few months.

bloodwings19 likes this.
  13. Landry's Tooth

FYI, those looking for places to go other than Tristar or Howard's Sports Connection...

Sports Cards of Houston does a couple free shows a month typically on west/northwest side.

Trader's village has Crazy Larry's Sports and Carlos.

The Woodlands area has a few places... 2 along 1488... Adventure Continues, and a new shop at Kuykendall. There's also Space Cadets who just moved I've been told to Sam Moon shopping center area..

There's also a periodic Conroe show and another near Hobby airport a couple times a year.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the GTSM show but can't attest to the truth of it.

The Dallas show in Allen is worth the drive... comparable to tristar...

bloodwings19 and dholi_1 like this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

I'll post some hits later... i have the Topps Now 2022 Champion Game 6 Card #1/5.

Also have a buyback auto Biggio Donruss RC...

15. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

The first show they did after the Astros had won the World Series was chaotic for a couple of reasons. They hosted it at the Marriott hotel near Minute Maid Park, and the venue couldn't support the amount of people that came out for the event. If you spent enough money, you were given a special pass very similar to what TriStar does. The employees working the event had a hard time controlling fans that couldn't accept the fact that there were special passes. Fans wouldn't listen to any of the officers that had given directions on where to stand and etc. The Beckett guys were also under a lot of stress because of fans that were very entitled.

The second show they did last year went much better because they move the venue that could house more people. It was better organized, and the process went much smoother. The biggest issues at events like these are the fans. The entitlement I've seen and the lack of respect for authority is one of the biggest issues when I go some of these events.

With that being said, I'll post some new updates that came out for the event in June. They are starting to get the timelines down on who is coming.

16. Landry's Tooth

Yeah, just wanted to stress I heard second hand. Main complaint was cost of the autos. I'm generally not in line for autos. Last one I did was at national about 6 years ago helping my nephews get a black Jack auto ball for their father who is a sox fan who grew up in the 80s. He was great and took time to pose for photos with them... I would wait for a similar experience if it was someone I cared about like Gonzo or Berkman...

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I love the look of series 1, but I haven’t been too impressed with what I’ve seen in a lot of breaks.

They hit a home run this year with Series 1, it is by far the best Topps flagship product in years. Stadium Club is also a great product this year with superior photography.

Allen Show is better than Tri-Star, they get more national dealers than Tri-Star. Most of the social guys go there.

West - Burbank Show
    East - Fair Fax Show

18. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I have a 2024 series 1 hobby box coming tomorrow.

I will report success/failures lol

19. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Delete. Can't seem to upload the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#99 Kemahkeith, Feb 21, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Agree, I have caught myself buying random blaster boxes of both cuase it's been a fun rip.