1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros make offer to Kent?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by pugsly8422, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

yeah, it was awesome to hear him say that the joy returned when he played with this core group of guys.

After he hit that game winning HR, it was amazing.

Hearing him say the boy inside him is back, and the love for the game has returned was insane. He showed so much emotion that night, something I haven't seen from him since he joined the Astros.

I hope he comes back to the stros.

2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

If the astros are the "competition" for Jeff Kent then i like our chances.

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I swear, i think faster than i type too often

If the Tigers are the "Competition" for Jeff Kent then i like out chances.

:)

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Using the Detroit Tigers as leverage ..................ok Jeff. :D

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

They signed Pudge last year, I wouldn't put it past them to spend a little money. They're not a good team, but they might offer more $$ than the Stros.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

they may...i bet they do offer more, in fact. i'm just not sure that's what this is going to be about for jeff kent at this point.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

just heard the tigers signed percival. think they'll have enough to pay him and kent this offseason?

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Possibly. Their payroll is in the bottom third of the league, their ownership seems to want to increase that number, and, while they don't get rid of any big contracts this year, the horribly inflated deals of Bobby Higginson and Dmitri Young come off the books after next season. So they have some flexibility if they want to bring in a bat or 2.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How many hitters go to Detroit if they have a choice? Juan Gone made certain we all knew that.