1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 21, 2004.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

OMFG!!! They actually won, in a clutch situation when it seemed it was over...Amen...It's about freakin' time...

We need the Giants and Cubs to continue to lose and us to sweep the Brew Crew to have a chance...

Go Stros!!!

2. Elienator

Elienator Member

Actually, we might just need the Cubs to lose. Right now, the Giants are 2 games ahead of us, and the Dodgers are 3.5 games ahead of us. If the Giants win 4 of 6 (or better) against them and we win out over that time period, the Giants would have the NL west lead and Dodgers would be behind the Astros in the wild card race. If the Giants win 3 of 6 or less, and the Astros win out over those games, we'd move ahead of the Giants in the wild card. So either way, if the astros go 6-0 over their next 6, they will be ahead of either the Giants or the Dodgers for the wild card and the other team will be in the NL West lead.

So basically, if the Astros win out, we only need the Cubs to lose.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it's almost too easy! :D

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Make it that the Cubs need to go 7-3 since they have an extra game.

An even more plausible situation is that we go 8-1 while the Cubs go 6-4. Although the Cubs are playing no one special, 4 losses in 10 days is not really a huge slump. The hard part is getting the Astros to go 8-1.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While I find it highly improbable at this point that the Astros make the playoffs, Phil Garner's attitude is encouraging...

"Don't count us out. The Astronauts are still alive," manager Phil Garner said. "You never know what's going to happen. ... It was a desperate game. Our staff kept us in it until we could finally do some damage."

6. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Way to go Astros! You put the Cubs in the lead for the Wild Card! :D

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn I wish I kept watching.... I thought it was going to be another close game shut out. I started to play BFV online....