1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Diamondbacks

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Like it really matters.

7-21 -- Andy Pettitte (5-3, 4.40) vs. Brandon Webb (3-10, 3.89) at 8:35 on FSSW

7-22 -- Roy Oswalt (8-8, 3.99) vs. Casey Fossum (2-8, 6.04) 5:05 on KNWS

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

ditto

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

one of the worst teams in baseball?

Hmmmmmm thats tough.

Ill go with LL

Astros make Brandon Webb look like Cy Young as he no hits the Astros 12 - 0.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

we lose both, because we suck azz...

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

:eek:

Hey, at least we are hitting now even if our bullpen sucks a rat turd. Weathers should be outright released. He couldn't make it in double A ball with his lack of consistency. I can't believe we acquired this loser in a trade. Beltran certainly hasn't been playing like one of the best and his outfield play has been uninspired. Bags may be coming out of oblivion offensively. Ensberg has shown signs of life. I think our offense is finally waking up. Unfortunately, our bullpen is full of a bunch of losers with few exceptions.

I'm going with: WW .

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Pathetic.

Weathers sucks, he should be recalled or released. What a waste of a roster spot.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You know...when a player is interviewed after the game and says the crap Weathers says...he should be released or sent down. He basically admitted he has stunk this whole season and that he sucks. We want this guy coming out of the bullpen trying to pitch middle relief? No way. This is the guy you bring in when the game is out of reach. It seems we are going to keep going with him even though he sucks. I don't understand it. Is there noone else?

8. Uprising

You'd think by now they would bring up someone from the minors. i mean, why not give the other guys a try, this season is over for us anyways.

The Cardinals are just playing too damn good, and we are sucking.

What about....what's his name hernandez or fernandez (not the knuckle baller guy). His fast ball is said to still be pretty slow, but I would wrather have him up here doing some bullpen work wrather than Weathers. Any one but Weathers.

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I think the Stros will split this series. Webb dominates them tonight. Oswalt dominates the D'Backs tomorrow night

10. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Being dominated by a 3-10 pitcher sounds just about right to me.

11. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

i dont even wanna try anymore........:(

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

honestly, who even cares anymore?

13. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Webb is not really a 3-10 pitcher. His team sucks so bad that he had some tough loses. He still has nasty stuff.

14. Uprising

:( I admit it. I still do, but my hopes for the post season have been demolished.

We better win tonight. If not......damn damn danm damn damn.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Watching Astros games, when they're out of contention, is a guilty pleasure.

Nobody's felt this way since 2000... weird.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

looking at this logically, the dbacks are even worse than us and actually have the worst record in baseball. and to top it off, they have lost something like 9 straight. so basing this on logic, we should win both. but basing it on us being the astros, we'll most likely lose both, the only question is how. the bats go quiet? biggio or kent make a big error? weathers enters the game at some point? i'm going with a lackluster night at the plate (2 runs), the dbacks scoring 2 on pettitte in the 6th and then an 8th inning run scratched out by the dbacks against somebody not named lidge. of course we will go out meekly in the 9th 1-2-3.

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

did i really just see that biggio's career average with the bases loaded is .231!!! most people with the bases loaded up their average into the mid 300's or so, biggio decreases it by over 50 points. excellent.

18. Uprising

Biggio has had a very good season.

We had a chance to tear this game open. but failed with the Beltran fly out with the bases loaded.

3-0 good guys.

I don't think 3 runs is enough for us to win tonight, with our bullpen about to come up and pitch. I have no faith in our relievers.

They are 1 and 7 since the trade of Dotel. Lidge has 6 saves and 6opp.

19. Uprising

3-2....time to lose this one. Let's go Astros! You can spoil another lead! WHOOP!

Time to lose to a team that has lost 9 games in a row, and is the WORST in the league! WE CAN DO IT!

20. randerson153

randerson153 Contributing Member

3-2 Astros. Here we go again.