1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astro Questions

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rocket River, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

if. . . . they win the World Series. . . do you think Bigs and Bags retire?

[if they do . . .this team will be basically blown up
    cause i figure Rocket, kent and beltran won't return]

Rocket River
    Go HOUSTON Astros [Still more GO ROCKETS than Go Stros . . . .. .
    Why don't the Rockets get this kind of love. . . even the 94 ROCKETS!!! :mad: ]

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I think Bagwell certainly will. His shoulder's giving him hell.

Biggio on the other hand has said that he wants to return next year. That was, however, before we were back in the thick of things.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah,

Neither one would retire, they all come back to defend their title.

You know how it is in Houston, we finally win one, then we win back to back.

Happened to the Oilers in '60-'61, the Rockets in '94-'95, and now it is the Astros turn.

DD

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I would think that Biggio probably would, but I'd be really surprised if Bags did. I think he'll stay around try to get 500 homers, and collect those fat paychecks.

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

No way Bags retires ... he's got to stick around to get that fat paycheck he is owed.

And yes we OWE it to him ... His deal was structured so that he got less money up front than he could have gotten elsewhere I am sure.

I think Biggio thinks he still has game (and I agree), and he is a fierce competitor and will be back. I don't want him in the Astros outfield as it is just too much of a liability. If Kent is not back next year (who I think would retire if we won the series since he loves his time away from the game much more than any other player as he has said before), I would love to have Biggio back at 2nd base where he is still above average.

6. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Pretty sure Bags still has 40 million reasons not to retire over the next couple of seasons. Nobody would pass that kind of money up.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Then the question is: Will The Rocket come back for a defense?

If so . .then we just need to find someone to replace Kent

Rocket River
    not a baseball fan . . .but learning

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

no offense, but this thread is bad karma

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Biggio and Bags would stay, Kent will retire (can't blame him go out on top), Clemens and Beltran I just don't know. I would think Clemens would sa hey just won a world series for my home town, another Cy Young what else do I need? But he's such a competitor.... Beltran as much as I wish he'd stay I'm afraid no matter what the outcome he's gone. But then again I was sure the Astros were going to lose last night.;)

10. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Biggio and Bagwell aren't going to retire period.

11. mulletman

mulletman Member

i'm with you. they havent even made it to the world series yet.

dont forget -- this is a houston sports team. choking is still quite possible :(

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I could see Clemens coming back to move up a little bit farther in the all time wins list.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Bagwell said he wants 500 hr. I think he will stick around. And Biggio said he wants to play 2-3 more years. So he'd be willing to stick around as well.

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Roger Clemens, at 42 years old, carrying his hometown team to a World Series championship and winning the Cy in the same year - I don't think you can go out any better than that storybook. He retires again if we win, he comes back with something to prove if we lose.