1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astro Fans, Did You Lose Faith? Be HONEST!!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 9, 2004.

?

Did You Lose Faith in the Astros Wildcard Hopes?

1. Yes, I thought it was over after the All Star break

115 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. No, never! It's not over until the fat lady sings!

27 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This is what's called kidding on the square. You say something bad and then claim to be kidding when you really do mean it.

2. Summer Song Giver

I will never root for these suck asstros again, baseball is dead to me.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Where the hell did that come from and why do you bother clicking on an Astros thread? :rolleyes:

4. Summer Song Giver

He wanted to know if I lost faith, well, I have. The only thing the Astros are good at is making their fans look like complete and total asses so be prepared, it is coming.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Honestly, I really never thought they were going to make the playoffs in the first place. I didn't think Roger had anything left in the tank, I thought Pettite would be another Swindell/Draebek etc. That said, I'm pretty impressed with this streak. I haven't seen this team play like this since 98.

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

:rolleyes: How are they making total asses out of us? I am proud of this team regardless of what happens the rest of the way. This team was dead in the water and given no hope, yet they fought back to get into the race again. We can't ask for much more than that.

7. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

There should have been a 3rd option in this poll.

I lost faith but I am not sure it was completely because I still could not without the Astros. I still followed them daily hopefully (albeit minutely) that things might get better. I wanted us to finish strong at least to make Carlos Beltran and Roger Clemens consider at least giving us a chance to resign them or come back.

I followed the Astros and I blead with them (though with a little apathy atimes) because I held out hope because of this saying - "it is not over until the black baby cries".

I must warn and state now that it is now uhuru yet but things are much better now than it was a month ago. I am sure we will make the playoffs via the WC but I will not get too carried away as well.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I must admit, I gave up on them as well. It was more of a "lowered expectations in order to save myself from crushed hopes" kind of thing.

Now, I'm setting myself up once again.

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I had just got back from vacation for 6 weeks and i followed them all while i was gone and i was really frustrated byut i never gave up. When i got back everyone was mad about it and really down. I just said look man there is like 50 games left what are you worried about, anything can happen.

I kept my faith in the team and look at us now. Im lovin it.

10. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I have been laughed at by my coworker who is a HUGE Cubs fan for 2 years now. He got it back after the Steve Bartman interference though. Every time I see him now and tell him 'How about them Astros?" he laughs and changes the subject. I was very frusterated, but I'll never give up on my 'my boys'.

11. caphorns

caphorns Member

This has been one of the most stunning and impressive comebacks by an Astros team ever. It is the only one I can actually recall. Unfortunately, there's alot of season left.

12. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

exactly.

I'd joke with my friends about us magically turning it around and winning our division (at the time it was division anyway lol)

but I never thought we'd have a prayer of a chance to make the playoffs.

When the Astros were performing so poorly for those two months, I watched maybe 5-7 games tops.

I gained faith back only when we won more than 4 or 5 in a row though. Sound like a bad fan, but I didn't bother to waste my time until we got on a winning streak or starting to win more than 1 series before losing two or three in a row.

here's to a hopeful wild card birth!

13. Nanui Akahi

Nanui Akahi Contributing Member

I lost all faith after we lost all those games againist the expos.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i'll jump back on the bandwagon when they win the remaining 6 games against the Cardinals. Until then, the astros are still in contention just like anyone

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

what?? they're in contention, but you're not on the bandwagon?

they have to win all 6 against the cards to get you back on??

geez...are you sure you're an astros fan??

16. steddinotayto

yea they're leading the wild card chase but if you look at the other teams' schedule, it's pretty easy compared to ours. all i'm saying is the cubs had a 6 game lead on us couple of weeks ago. if, God forbid, we keep winning and everyone else keeps winning and then BOOM we lose all 6 games to the cards...well i hope you see where i'm getting at.

it's just i've seen astros teams get into the playoffs and just basically choke. i rather them NOT make the playoffs, realize that the team needs NEW and YOUNG blood, and make some offseason moves instead of thinking 'oh man, we're gonna get the WC slot! this team is ready and you know what, maybe we can milk this same team for one more year next year'

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

1. even if i knew we were going to get killed in the playoffs, there's no way i wouldn't root for them to get there. getting a playoff spot in baseball is an actual accomplishment;

2. the astros' schedule is extremely favorable compared to their competitions';

3. i'll just let you know now...we probably won't sweep 6 games from the Cards;

18. steddinotayto

i hope so...i hope so.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i didnt lose faith but the astros play was disgusting to me. i think i lost interest a bit, but not faith.

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I also lost faith when the Expos tore us a new one.

Nervous about this Pittsburgh series, however.