1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Who will you trade next season?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2024.
  1. Alperen Sengun

9.5%
  2. Jalen Green

19.4%
  3. None

71.1%
  1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The more you shot them, the better you get at it.

#141 hlmbasketball, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. Lol...it hasn't took Jalen 3yrs to learn. One can only learn what they have been taught. Remember, he played a run and gun type of ball in highschool. Went to the G-League and ran the same type of system. Got drafted and Silas ran a similar system and unfortunately, he played with a roster of rookies and unseasoned players.

So, he only learned what he was taught.

This was his first yr, playing in a structured offense. Now, he is playing much better defense, looking to playmake in a TEAM concept. I think we need to COMMEND him, rather than depict him as slow learning.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Yes, it is a good point(and I can't believe I am saying that to you :)). I agree that Silas was a very bad coach for Green. Certainly he would have progressed earlier if we had a better coach. But it also comes with age, experience etc. Especially if you are number 2 pick and you dream that you'll be the star like you were in high school. Maturing up takes time.

I don't see any improvement in Cam playing under Ime for example. On the other hand, Amen who is 2 years older has improved much more despite starting the season with a injury. I think he is ready to take in what is being given, Cam is not.

4. Landry's Tooth

And George is an all world defender while everyone is now impressed Jalen isn't complete poop on the defensive end.

What is your point? 7 games count more than the other 75?

Pacers didn't have good culture. You must be thinking Reggie was still there. They had a massive rebuild including 2 coaches his rookie year.

If you're really going to claim Jalen has more upside than a likely hall of famer then you need to come up with some rational basis for the completely irrational take.