1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a true Rockets, nah HOUSTON fan... it's my right to hate Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houstunna, Dec 8, 2015.

1. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Bruh... cmon

btw Harden also choked 2/3 playoffs since he's been here

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Utah Jazz held on to a so called superstar for 7 years and they regretted it...

The superstar caused issues in the locker room and with the coaching staff.. yeah he could score, but that's all he could do.. The Jazz traded the guy and actually a better team.

The superstar was then traded to a playoff contending team for a title run and caused the same issues... The new team traded him after 3 years and then the next year they won the title...

James is who he is... Having a revolving door of players is not going to change the situation, because you still have the same denominator.

James is not going to wake up and change his game no time soon, so the Rockets have to decide if they want to stay on this same track or look at other options...

This situation is no different than a woman saying once I marry him he will change... NO he's only going to get worst....

T_Man

1 person likes this.
  3. Drogba

Drogba Member

Did this guy just compare Carlos Boozer to James Harden?

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

ya, harden is done.

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

The majority of (at least mine) criticism towards Harden is the lack of two-way play, and apathy towards off-ball movement.

Why should we give Harden a pass for just letting people dunk in transition and floating around way past the 3 point line, and crucify Tmac, rightly so, for doing the same in the Toronto game? Double standard?

Harden's our guy, but this is a clear regression that had actually started in the 2nd half of last season.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The defense is absolutely indefensible. However, I think the off-ball movement is more of a product of our lack of coach/offensive scheme. The movement off ball would improve with more sophistication in that area.

The Hawks/Warriors weren't anything special in that regard until they got great head coaches that implemented a great offense.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Nice analogies! I don't understand why some people don't see this... denial I guess.. :)

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm not really sure who you are talking about? Deron Williams? He was never as good as harden and the Jazz have been worse since he left.... Boozer? He was never a star.

James Harden is a special player if you can't agree with that then nothing I say is going to change your mind, He's not just a scorer he's an offensive force. His defense is not great but he's getting a little better game by game, although very small steps.

The off ball stuff is coaching its hard to blame that soley on him. He's actually playing with the ball less in our last 8 games and to no surprise his numbers have stayed the same and the team won 6/8 and have been in every game with a chance to win even in the loses.

He's not perfect but no player in the history of the game is. Your entiltled to your own opinion but I'm not going to agree that we'd be better off getting rid of him now. One you won't get 50 cents on the dollar because you can't quantify a superstar second even if we get the number one pick for him there's no guarantee than Ben Simmons is going to be better than harden. In fact the odds are he won't it's just how it is.

So yes lets salvage any chance with harden trade him so we can get lebron James type player of maybe curry who come around once in a life instead of taking the guy we already have who when on his game has proven to be on or very close to those guys level? Ya makes a lot of since lets do it!!

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Adrian Dantley....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=5288

T_Man

#109 T_Man, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015