1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a true Rockets, nah HOUSTON fan... it's my right to hate Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houstunna, Dec 8, 2015.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You noxious lil shower pube of a pacers fan.:)

I'm so happy you started this thread because Im in DC tonight & had tix to the game.

Not Courtside or anything and basically it was an endurance contest to see how long I could keep my youngin from having a total meltdown, (we made it thru 3 periods, i only had tp spend 40 bucks in the Team Store , so I consider it a win)

I figured you would be pure jinx/thread backfire the same way you have in the past...and it pretty much worked. Beard was insane, had the Washington crowd ooing and ahhing, not unlike a 1995 game here i saw once righht after the Clyde trade when they were doing it for dream.

Apparently the AIs that run our simulation universe have decided that you are a beginning point. Expect Paul George to lose his jumper then step on a landmine soonlike he did last time you got uppity.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

75 seasons? How old are you? Geriatric fans are welcome.

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

So are you saying you'll only be happy with harden if he averages near 40 per game? That seems kinda unreasonable...

4. tdo

tdo Member

I might have been a little facetious. I apologize, its been rough here lately. I didnt call anyone a bad fan, but I did make some snarky remarks, and I was wrong for that.

Now to your strikingly condescending post, I'm not old, but I'm not young either. I've watched a lot of Rockets basketball. I guess I'm not explaining my self very precisely, because something is getting lost in the text. I have not once excused Harden for his poor effort. I am watching the same games you are, and it pisses me off as well. In fact, I have said many times in many threads that he needs to pick it up. All I was speaking towards in this thread was that I believe he will still be an elite offensive player. I don't think a 22 game sample of sub par offensive play outweighs what he has done in Houston, and he will continue to be a great offensive player for years. Now if he is the next Gilbert Arenas, or Melo, who never quite "gets it", I don't know, only time will tell. But we have to wait and see what happens. There are also examples of "selfish" stars that it eventually clicks for them. It might be more rare, but it happens. Only time will tell if the proverbial light ever goes off for James. I'm not at all trying to excuse his poor effort or anything of that sentiment. His leadership, heart, fire however you want to put it is horrible, and I would never argure otherwise. I'm purely speaking of his offensive ability.

5. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

After watching him play in Brooklyn last night the dude is lazy as hell. It was terrible to watch live. I agree with the OP, as a fan of the Houston Rockets this dude will not lead us to a championship.

6. TheresTheDagger

Pretty much agree with the OP.

Is it too much to ask of a "superstar" player making 80 million plus on this contract to give effort on the court on a CONSISTENT BASIS?

The apologists would say yes. I'm old school. I can't agree with that.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

if you think I don't know how 'you're' is spelled... get a grip... jus havin a lil fun wit it... oh, sorry... I was just having a little fun with it. smh....:rolleyes:

As for what you do... TRADE HIS LAZY BUTT! I believe that's what he wants! He wants to go play Kardassian or hang with Jay-Z or whatever... but his focus is not on winning basketball games in Houston. To allow such behavior is going to do nothing but further poison this team going forward.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Do you not understand?
    It's NOT that he "hasn't been good this season.." HE DGAF! HE DOESN'T CARE! HE'S NOT EVEN TRYING! HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE!

This ISN'T a guy that is struggling - THIS IS A SELF ENTITLED PRIMA DONNA who doesn't care about this team!

PLEASE TRY to digest this information!

1 person likes this.
  9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I believe you are the one whose yelling this Rockets team is one of the worse in human history the whole season almost in every game thread.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Nobody will give a shlt about a player will score 40 or 50 if the team is playing like shlt.

Maybe the LOF will care.

And that's why I kept saying last year, the LOF never left, there are always "LOF" around us, whose obsessed with certain players but totally forgot this is a team sport.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Texans/Astros boards stop loading in the Capitol?

Where you be at, Sammy?

Title is Houston, not Rockets

Considering his usually one-way effort, that 40 better be on <25 shots.

12. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

How can anyone not like the guy who turned our franchise around!? Seriously think about it... We went from the days of no chance with a team of hustlers that wouldplay with heart to a team with a leader that is the best SG in the NBA that could takeover a game and recruit like no other ... Yes we are struggling unlike last year but still we havea chance to be the second best team in the NBA two years ago

13. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

way too far, respect

14. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

two years in a row************

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Wtf how old is OP

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He is apathetic but we'd be more pathetic without him, dude is a machine when he's zoned in just take away the ps4 and titty bars

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You can hate Harden all you want but he is still so much more of a winner than the other Houston sports main "athlete" - the over-rated, unathletic loser JJ Fatt. This dude is a joke. Repeatedly ensuring his team fails to even make the playoffs let alone come close to winning anything. Fake leader.

At least Harden as leader has taken us to the playoffs every single season he has been here.

18. J Hard

J Hard Member

Its your right to be an idiot as well. Have never seen a site with so many funky trolls bashing 'their' team this bad. Fickle fans.

19. ling ling

ling ling Member

Harden is a combo of Francis and Mobley. ISO for 22 seconds and then Cuturnover.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I have been on clutchfans for a long long time and I must say that the board has never been this mad over a team/player in clutchfans history. Some of that is due to more ppl joining the board. Other reasons, that I can't know for sure, is trolling. Their used to be a couple of trolls 10 years ago, but not like this. These trolls are getting so good I can't even tell anymore if there serious or not.

We didn't treat tmac like Harden ever, and it's odd because Harden is younger better and accomplished a lot more in a shorter time than tmac ever did, hell even Yao and I love Yao.

I agree his play has been pathetic in some instances but slot of the blame while warranted and valid is a little delusional "what have you done for me lately"

You don't trade 26 year old superstars unless they ask for it. Especially not ones that have been 1st team all NBA 2 straight years and also top 5 in mvp voting in that span. The Rockets would look like a joke trading Harden for any player not named lebron, KD, curry and I guess Davis. Other than those 4 it would either be a lateral move (Paul George) or a clear robbery by the other team.

This season is tough, but I guess a lot of you don't remember the years before we won rings with dream. Hakeem was immature a bad leader faught with his teamates and ownership and frankly didn't want to be here. Revisit that 25 years later and we know what happened? Hakeem have us the best 2 year run in Houston sports history.

You have to support Harden and give him the time to develop and mature as a player and person if your a rockets fan. 22 games stretch to say the league has caught up to him is trolling no other way around it. His body of work and age shows what type of player and talent he is.

He might not lead us to a championship or maybe he does. But one thing remains the same we have a much better chance to winning one with him on the team than him not on the team and its not debatable.

1 person likes this.