1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets a better team without Sengun?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 16, 2024.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I said IF they struggle to mesh. I want to see them succeed together.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

the saga continues

Rockets haven’t been this fun to watch quite a long time

Jalen finally blossoming into the being the best player on the team like he should’ve been from the start

BaselineFade, jcmoon, Arnel and 2 others like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen is becoming the guy he was supposed to be, great 1B to Alp 1A

4. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I sometime wonder if Denver fans had stupid arguments about Joker and Murray playing better without each other instead of realizing that if you have two players that can go for 30 and sometimes 40 points a night, you will have a better chance and a more complete team. When they played the Suns in the beginning of month and Jalen had 34, then the next game Sengun had 45 everything seemed like the team was figuring it out. I really think some fans just listen to talking heads on SC that don't even watch the Rockets and then parrot it back.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Found a way to maximize what they have with people getting injured for sure.......remains to be seen if you can run over a stretch of 80 games though......but Ime is the man if you ask me to figure that out.

Udoka by himself solved the transition Defense problem and almost singlehandedly solved the Rebounding problems.....which are both incredible feats.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

none of our young players have had a stretch of games as impressive as what Jalen has been doing…he is legit leading us to a play-in berth

it’s his team now, and everyone else needs to fall in line

jcmoon, cbass, topfive and 3 others like this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's on Udoka to create an offense that both Alpi and Jalen thrive in. There were a couple of games earlier in the season when both guys exploded in the 2nd half and dominated together.

One thing obvious to me is Alpi has to make quicker decisions once he receives the ball, specifically attacking clear mismatches. His habit of holding the ball, looking and thinking allows the defense to reset and the advantage is lost. Gotta go quicker.

That said, Alpi is very quick to hit open cutters when he has the ball.

Arnel, BaselineFade, cbass and 9 others like this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen is earning his place at the table, right next to Alp. He’s the perfect Robin to Alp.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Maybe post the same troll nonsense a third time after no one bit the first two times?

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Actually I had just forgotten about Tari. But yeah, him too. Plus once they get a more defensive minded big man Jabari could be on his way too if he doesn't pick it up a notch. We can get his kind of production in the 2nd round of the draft.
    Also, how am I a troll when all of the sports shows and local media were already having doubts about Senguns fit in Udokas system. There was even a rumor out that Udoka didn't like Senguns style of play. Dont get mad at me just because you keep hoping that the Rockets will finally lose a game so that you can finally say "see, I told you so".

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sengun has never led us on a win streak.

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth is Jalen switched from Hardens to AdiZeros and boom it’s been up since lol - maybe get Bari out of Hardens so he can jump more than 1 foot off ground

harold bingo, Arnel and clutchdabear like this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Something has changed for Jalen. Period.

cbass likes this.
  15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Do we trade him in the offseason and use steven adams next year as our center? Trade value will be pretty high for Alpi.

jcmoon likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I regret that there isn't an eye-roll big enough to respond to you.

harold bingo, cbass and Mathloom like this.
  17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Can you imagine this Green and Sengun playing together. The defense cannot focus on both. it is a pick your poison type of situation for the opponents. Those two together (With Green playing like this) with strong defensive players is a title contender.

18. BelgianRocketsFan

But why??? Why do we have to chose? It's up to Ime to make it work: we have two young all stars in the making, why trade one of them?

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Youre going on the ignore list along with the op. Im done giving in to the trolls. Done with this thread. Im just gonna enjoy the rockets success instead of trying to defend our players against you and the rest of the trolls. What you say is meaningless anyway.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya frankly I'm tired of this BS about having to choose. This team was obviously turning the right direction already before Sengun went down.

Look at how opposing defenses are basically now doing "take ball away from Jalen" defense. This team needs two dynamic star offensive players to truly go deep in the playoffs or the offense will just get too predictable and stagnate. It's what happened when Sengun was the only one producing consistently.

#560 fchowd0311, Mar 28, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024