1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are my posts condescending?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Feb 12, 2005.

?

Are my posts condescending?

1. Yes - you are an arrogant butthead

70 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. No- you are just really opionated

26 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. Sometimes - Your posts can read as such

35 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In a previous thread, it was brought to my attention that my posts may be condescending.

Here

When I write them, they never seem that way, but apparently they can be taken as such.

Anway, you are free to respond if you like or simply vote, this is simply for my own understanding.

If you think they are condescending it would help if you would explain how or why?

Thanks for your vote or help, I just want to be a better poster.

:)

DD

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't think so at all. I think you are just opinionated and sometimes you seem to form an opinion very quickly. I think people like the Fish and I and some others are much worse when it comes to being condescending...

With regards to that other thread, I had just posted a response, but the thread got closed the second I hit submit
    :mad:.

I had just wanted to ask if Jeff still wanted to use the Chinese peace sign or if, after that thread, he had changed his mind to something else :D. Just kidding, Jeff :).

Just make sure you don't run into this guy:

Disgruntled Tattoo artist

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Holy crap! That guy is feaking awesome! He's my new hero.

4. underoverup

underoverup Member

After being called out DaDakota goes on a "i'm just misunderstood" PR blitz.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I went with opinionated. You are that. That's fine.

Threads wander. It happens.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You seem to rile on the religious posters a lot, especially the non-Christian religious posters. Sounds like an opinionate American to me.... ;)

You generally don't show consideration of where the other side stand in some topics, and that could be frustrating.

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm sure you do the best job you can, really. Not your fault that your posts don't always come out the way you want. I'm sure you're a really nice guy who's just misunderstood. What's important is that you've tried.

Want a pat on the head? Or a cookie?

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Being opinonated is not a defense for aggressively presenting your opinions as absolutes. You do that. You also often (as in the tattoo thread) present your opinions in a way that implies the other poster hasn't thought through the most banal issues regarding the topic. In the tattoo thread you seemed to say, "Let me do you a favor since you obviously don't realize tattoos are permanent." You and Fatty are alike that way. The funny thing is that most of the time your absolutist 'wisdoms' are of the most conventional, obvious sort. The funnier thing is that you often present absolutist positions that are flat wrong (see: EG busted driving with weed) and refuse to budge when they're proven so. I don't think you're a jerk at all. I think you're a pretty nice guy with good intentions, but I'm not surprised you rub some people wrong with your tone.

10. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

you once thought or still do think that muslims worship a stone and you were told they don't yet you went from one post to another stating sh*t like that..plus you were cussing out their prophet ...no respect for a man/woman like that.

so i think your a racist a$$ h*ole:D

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

DaDakota, I think your posts are great. You're not at the condescending level just yet, however. With hard work and practice, you'll be there in no time. The next thing you know, you'll be sprinkling in 'rookies' and 'juniors' with the best of them.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This post does exactly what you tell Dakota not to do.

13. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of the above.

I have never read you as arrogant or condescending. Mostly you just like to over-simplify and use hysterics as part of your position.

Also, I don't think this thread is sincere but you did surprise me by posting here and not in the feedback forum as I expected.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That made me laugh as well!

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Oh, oh, oh, baby, don't you know I'm human
    Have thoughts like any other one
    Sometimes I find myself alone and regretting
    Some foolish thing, some little simple thing I've done

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think your posts are condescending.

Usually they aren't event vain or egotistical except when asking everyone what they think about your posts.:D

17. DaDakota

Actually,

I truly want to know...I have gone on a PR blitz before, especially about being kicked out of Chat.

But Jeff is one of the people I respect the most on here, and I actually wanted to know.

I probably should not have posted it here, because of my obvious distaste for religion in general, and my poking fun at the Muslims and their holy Meteorite.

I really do want to know if I come across as crass, it seems that a good portion of you think that I do.

BigTexx,

I asked for an answer and I don't mind Batman speaking his mind, that is what I wanted to hear...well, not what he posted so much, but still....

:p

I actually do change my opinions based upon information that is delevered here or in conversation, witness my support of Kerry for President.

I do see Jeff's point about my interjecting an opinion where none was warranted.

Trader.....that was danged funny.

Please keep letting me know.

DD

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yeah, I expected as much. Of course I expected it from your twin brother whom I have on ignore, but what's the difference. And I certainly expected the backup from your German cheerleader -- he's more predictable than a YOF. Of course, my post doesn't do what I described any more than Jeff's post in the tattoo thread did. And I didn't tell DaDa not to do anything -- I just answered his question.

Other than that, I'm bored with you and your brother (and your cheerleader). Talk all you want. I've wasted enough time on you guys. I don't have anything else to say to you.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wasn't BJ banned from this forum for a long time? Why was the kid let back in? :confused:

20. DaDakota

Well, I know that the stone is at the heart of Mecca and is indeed part of the worship process, but I am surely exaggerating on it to poke fun at sensitive souls like yourself.

I have never cussed out Mohammed, I have just pointed out what he did, his history is littered with dispicable behaviour. No debate there.

As for being racist....well, that is just silly.

DD