1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

are injuries an excuse? absolutely.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigM, Dec 26, 2008.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think I posted this same thread last year when the rockets were awful before the new year, and people were b****ing.

t-mac, battier, and artest are all in and out of the lineup and gutting it out when they are able to play. you hobble 3 of the best 4 players on any team in the league and you think they're 19-11?

I keep reading we don't have as much depth as we think. really? that's exactly why we're hanging in the division title fight with a makeshift lineup.

i know we live in the ADD generation where kids can't pay attention or have any patience but things aren't as bleak as this board makes it out to be. Let's see what this team does when it gets everybody healthy before we start going crazy. just like last season, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

half-game out of first folks.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yes injuries are an excuse for sub par play.

3. Pocket Rockets

Or continuously disappointed

by default

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

sit mac and start wafer.

5. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

I dont think so, if feel not good, better to sit out, let other guys play. tmac please sit out, He is the LVP( least valuable player), let Wafer play.

6. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

They will finish strong after the All-Star break.

Don't worry. You guys are panicking too soon.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yeah you were dissapointed when we won 10 in a row last season when everyone got healthy and then tacked on another 12 even after yao got hurt.

the facts are that when the two guys are actually healthy, we're one of the best teams in the league. it's frustrating that it hasn't been that often, but they're the players that we have and you have to just hope that they'll be healthy for at least the second half and going into the playoffs. or you can b**** about it, whatever you want.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't know what the best thing to do is because i'm not a doctor, but it seems like if you sat battier, artest, and t-mac for 2-3 weeks it'd give them a better chance to heal and the rockets ultimately a better chance to get some continuity.

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Good thread.

Not sure why everyone is panicking in here as if the sky is falling. I'm pretty encouraged by these last two games. We hung even with 2 of the top 5 teams in the league on the road without McGrady. We probably beat Cleveland if Yao is allowed to play, and maybe knock off New Orleans had Adelman not inexplicably taken Aaron out of the game + a healthy Artest.

These two games really show just how deep this team is and that is very encouraging.

You have to think you handily win both of these with a healthy McGrady OR his trade value equivalent.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

All valid points. My contention has been that the odds of everything going right for the Rockets in time for the playoffs is very unlikely. I agree people always want instant satisfaction, but pointing this out doesn't prove anything. If the Rockets don't get healthy soon and play together for an extended period of time, they will likely fold early in the playoffs again.

11. Pocket Rockets

they can win 20 more in a row this year but if they continue to make the same mistakes over and over again it wont get us anywhere.

why should i hope that those guys stay healthy when we have capable starters on the bench that havent been given a chance to finish a close game against a good team.

Health will get you far in the playoffs but depth will get you through the regular season. Thats why i made the statement that its not about the injuries right now.

12. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Yes, injuries are absolutely an excuse for losses but effortless playing isn't. A big contrast is that when Ron is on the court he plays with intensity and great effort and is helping the team. The coach should bench effortless and senseless players irrespective of their status. I think most fans want to see Rox playing with efforts and dignity and what we are seeing now is our so-called franchise player playing without any dignity.