1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Approaching women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hitman21, Jul 11, 2001.

Tags:
  1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I have to second this.

A short story...

In high school I had the most amazing crush on this beautiful classmate. I mean she was just stunning. To the point that I would fall dumb anytime she was around. She was very popular and had a great many friends male and female.

Anyway a couple of years ago I ran into her in Houston and we got to talking about High school and mutual friends (yes, I'm a lot more confident now). Anyway we got on the subject of Prom and she lamented that she didn't go because NO ONE ASKED HER!!!!

I told her that I too did not go because I was to shy to ask anybody and she slapped me (playfully) up side the head and said, "why didn't you ask me!".

To which put I told her of my crush.

I guess my point is don't waste an opportunity when it presents itself. You never know until you ask!

------------------
    Everything you do, effects everything that is.

2. Colby

Colby Member

As a full time bachelor, I can share some success that has worked for me.

Confidance. Girls like confidant guys. Don't slouch your shoulders when you sit. Smile and don't be too aggresive, at first. Always look into their eyes when you talk. Sometime I will switch from one girl to the other. It seems like I am talking to the group and see if they are paying attention. I also have been blessed with beautiful blue eyes. Its the 3 inch radius around them thats ugly

Talking to them works great. Challenge some girls to pool or darts. Teams are fun. Order a round of shots or drinks, get a couple extra and offer them to the girls next to you. Offer after they bring 4 instead of 2.

Get a regular place. Meeting other regulars and getting a good rep with the bartender is always great. I try to get a spot at the bar. Girls are always coming to order drinks. One of my favorite lines is, "Dan, get these beautiful ladies some drinks please". If you try this 4-5 times a night, odds are with you.

Once you get talking with them you have to have a plan for later. Have a few round at that bar then head elsewhere. If you name off 3 or more places, chances are the girls might like one of them. This gives the apearance that you are "cool" or her type.
    The plan here is to trick them into making plans with you after this club.

Once you start ordering drink and making plans for later, you're home free.

If all else fails, email me, I will get you some free passes to a rave, and you can try your luck there.

This post may make me seem shallow, so I will quote a great American...oh hell... who am I kidding. [​IMG]

------------------
    Renegades should be shoT or Poot to death by any means available.

"Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

[This message has been edited by Colby (edited July 11, 2001).]

3. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I knew a similiar story to mc mark's. When I was in High School, there was a gorgeous young lady who went to our school. As a matter of fact, she was actually a model and had done Pepsi ads and some other things while we were in high school. Just gorgeous. But she had the same lament, she didn't have people ever ask her out because they assumed that she already had thousands of people lined up to date her (or they were just intimidated by her).

Of course, I never asked her out, either. I was in a committed relationship (to the woman I ended up marrying) by the time I found out about Melanie's plight (Melanie McCarty was the model woman's name), and I probably would've been too intimidated to ask her anyway even if I hadn't been with someone already (even knowing that nobody was asking her out).

------------------
    Why not visit MovieForums.com?
    Or FilmDallas.com?

4. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Swingers:

Mike: "How you ladies doing this evening?"
    Lady: "What do you drive?"
    Mike: "Excuse me."
    Lady: "What kind of a car do you drive?"
    Mike: "It's a cavalier."
    Lady: -starts laughing-
    Mike: "It's red, it's a red cavalier."

------------------
    the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

[This message has been edited by hitman21 (edited July 12, 2001).]

5. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Ok, like I've said in the past, my wife reads this board from time to time, and she has read this thread.

And guys, most of you (myself included) has missed the boat. There are three things she would look for in a date or meeting a new guy at a bar: Humility, a sense of humor, and good looks.

Humility: Guys can't be confident to the point of being cocky. Shyness is ok, but she realizes that too much shyness will keep the guy from coming over to the table in the first place. But a good looking guy who knows it and/or acts like it is a turn off. Humility combined with a sense of humor is a definite plus.

If the guy is not good looking, then the sense of humor is a must. Humility plays second fiddle for the not-so hot guys. You better have a fun personality.

Now the humble, good-looking guys with a sense of humor....

wwwooooooooff!!! Look out!

These are my wife's views, and although they do not necessarily reflect the views of her husband for 15 years, they will be remembered and stored away for use on a night she least expects it! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------
    It looks like a veteran can Be had.

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Works everytime [​IMG]

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

yea, back in the day, I give em my eye, and ask them if they would like to see my little squirrel and it would be on!!!! oooh Yea!
    All shackled up now, but...Ah seems like yesterday!

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

What about long nose hairs ? [​IMG]

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

9. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

You got to show them your meat.

If they dont run away then they are a keeper.

------------------
    Reporter asks "How close were you to the victim?" Shorty says,"Real close until the roofies wore off. Then she woke up talking about pressing charges, so I took my tongue out of her ass and left." Shorty - Marlon Wayans "Scary Movie"

Go Rockets!!!
    SS

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

What if ya poke her eye out?

------------------
    I do not believe in god. And it is nice to know that I am going to hell with Hitler, and McVeigh. Although I do not know why.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've never been able to approach random womena and talk to them. The only time I've been able to was last November when I drove up to Waco to watch Monday Night Football with a buddy of mine from Baylor Law. I saw this girl, felt the urge to go talk to her, and she just told me she loved me last weekend.

Needless to say, I subscribe to the theory that it happens when it's supposed to.

------------------
    When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of Uma Thurman.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

so, now we know how to pick up newbiehad's wife.

what good that is going to do us with other women, I don't know. But, I did print this out just it case it comes in handy, later.

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

LOL Crispee [​IMG]

You know, for me, play just comes naturally. I mean like the situation arises and the things just happen. I've never been sucessful, nor haven't tried the approaching with one goal in mind technique..so I guess, I too will print this for later reference.