1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Approaching Contact for a Job

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I'm a consultant. Many of my clients are large companies that are looking to invest in startups or create partnerships and thus I spend a lot of time working with these small and start up companies. There is one company in particular that I'd like to join. Problem is, the company doesn't post for jobs. The contacts I have made within the company have been through my current job, as part of research projects. The contact is friendly and we've had cordial messages since the completion of the project.

So my question is, is there a tactful way to reach out and essentially say 'do you plan to hire in the future and if so, i'd like to throw my name into the hat'? Is there anything wrong with it?

Cheers!

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I worked with a consultant who joined the company in exchange for equity. Not sure how he pulled it off, I left right as he was making the move. I've also worked at a company where clients would often poach consultants. Somehow, IT HAPPENS. So, good luck, FAM.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I would just straight up ask your contact. You can say it in a joking manner, but usually the other person will understand your intent. There is usually no downside in asking this unless your contact reports it to your current employer.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Make it known that you are interested. Nothing to be afraid of.