1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Applewhite named starter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Major, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Major

Major Member

From

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/home.htm

You have to listen to the Interview on the side. About halfway through, Mack Brown says Major gives us the best chance to win the Holiday Bowl and thus he will be named the starter.

Good call, finally. :)

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Good news :D

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes!
    Awesome news!

I have been saying it a while now....Major rules, Simms sucks! :D

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Yes !!! Come on Major, you can do it !!!

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I think it is the right thing to do on all fronts. I think it is the right thing to do for Simms too. The guy needs a full offseason of his own re-evaluation and dedication to make him a more skilled quarterback and better leader. Major is the better player, is a senior, and deserves to go out with him leading a W. I am still hopefull Simms can be a good college football player and that something good next season can come out of this season's disaster.

6. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

maybe he is a sheister, but I appreciated what mack had to say. I needed to hear something, ANYthing out of austin after this weekend.

he's doing right by major now, albeit too late, but it's better than starting simms.

I hope simms takes the pain he's in right now and works as hard as he can to improve for next year. what more can you ask of anyone?

and has anyone really, REALLY looked at the recruiting class mack's putting together for next year.

holy Defense.

I'm feeling better about the future.

I learned with the rockets that, to really be a fan who can appreciate the good, you have to go through the bad. I was there the night derrick mckey laid-up the rockets to send us out of the playoffs. that night hurt real bad, but it made june 22, 1994 one of the best, happiest nights of my life. no lie.

so I'm glad I was there saturday night, literally falling over amidst the happy chaos that was rod babers' runback. and I'm also glad I was there for the dejected aftermath.

it's going to make it all so much sweeter when it happens.

and it will happen.

7. Major

Major Member

<B>so I'm glad I was there saturday night, literally falling over amidst the happy chaos that was rod babers' runback. </B>

That was just a phenomenal sports moment, not just because of the game itself but all the implications and hopes and expectations that were involved.

8. chievous minniefield

were you there, major?

9. Major

Major Member

Yup. I've never been to another game like it.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

chievous who all has given us verbal commitments and you want to know something i fear no other team in college football, i feel like if we dont beat ourselves theres no excuse for not running the table and quite frankly im sick of the damn excuses, we arent overrated and now lets go out and prove it.

11. chievous minniefield

word.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but. . .

it was amazing being there saturday night. it really was unlike any sporting event I've been to, and I've been to a lot.

as bad as the loss and the worst moments hurt, it was an awful lot of fun.

I'm pumped because if UT gets to the big 12 title game again next year, I think I'll have a very, very good chance of being at that one, too.

what section were you in?

I was down on the 15-yard line near the colorado end zone on the texas side of the field.

12. chievous minniefield

dvauthrin--

I'm going to post a summary in a new thread.

13. Major

Major Member

We were sitting in the upper deck behind the Colorado endzone. Right smack in the middle, though, one row from the top. Gave us a pretty good behind-the-QB view of all of Simms' interceptions :)

The nice thing was that we were right below the luxury boxes and could see the TVs inside. We were able to watch the last couple of minutes of the Tennessee game from up there! (Also nice was that we got the tickets from a friend for face value! :))

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, for a long time, going to Lambeau Field, sitting 50-yd line, 11 rows up, -30 wind chill, was the greatest sporting event I'd ever been to.

Then came Ricky's record breaker.

Then came Saturday night. Had we won, it definitely would've been number one, but I think it ties the Ricky game...amazing for a loss. I've never screamed that long and loud. The only time I didn't scream was when I was in line getting Major and our friend a coke :)mad: ).

I was at game 4 in the 1998 playoffs against the Jazz when Barkley tore his elbow. Had they won that game (and the series), that would've been number one.